Burmation questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimum3

Hatchling Member
1. Phira has been asleep for about a week. Do I take him out to give him a bath so he can get water?
2. He ate very little before he went under. Should I worry about that?
3. I have his house covered to help keep out light but I'm still freaking out about him not having lights. He has a Che.
4. Should I just make me some scrambled eggs for breakfast or should I get a skillet form a restaurant. I need help.
(Burmation questions seriously though)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, as long as he's healthy then it's perfectly fine for him to be in brumation, and you don't need to take him out for a bath. Check on him regularly, if his eyes are open at all then offer water dripped on his snout about every 2 weeks. Just tuck a paper towel under his neck to catch extra water so it doesn't pool under him.

And yes, make yourself some eggs. :) BTW, what are the temps. in the tank ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's O.K for day time but I'd let it get cooler at night, or have no heat at all. It's up to you, some beardies will brumate harder [ a deeper sleep ] if the temps. are cooler and their metabolism slows down more. My dragons are kept in the cellar where ir gets to about 70 high night time temp. in the summer but about 62 during the cooler months. Some of them sleep right through for 2-3 months. All dragons are different, so you never know if they'll have a short or long sleep when it's warm like yours is, but they usually have a longer brumation if it gets below 70-72.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom