What's wrong with my sweetie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krm

I inherited a bearded dragon as a classroom pet. She is 3 years old. For the last few years she's been a sturdy fellow. Lately she hasn't been basking as much, she wants to hide when I let her run around the house, she is eating but hasn't pooped in a week and a half. I have been soaking her and rubbing her belly ... at what point do I take her to the vet? Any ideas what could cause this change?

Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, does the dragon live at your home and is a former classroom pet or is it a classroom pet that stays with you on the weekends ? Can you post pics of her + also her entire set up ? What exact type + brand of lights does she have and what exactly does she eat ? Is she on a loose substrate ?

An adult beardie may not poo for 2-3 weeks , especially if they are becoming lethargic due to a change in their environment or nearing brumation. No need for a vet, you can offer extra hydration via eyedropper or spray bottle to the snout, also natural laxatives such as applesauce, baby food squash, sweet potato and canned pumpkin [ no spice ] Any or all of those with a few drops of veg. oil will usually get results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom