Is This Unusual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesycrocs

Hello!
My male beardie, Russell, is about 1 year old and I've had him most of his life. I'm a first time beardie owner though so every now and then I get worried about the things he does. So if this isn't a big deal my bad haha
In any case, since he's turned 1 (around late July) he's been more active in that he tromps around his enclosure a lot in the morning/early afternoon, and when it comes to feeding time he'll only eat about 3 or 4 dubia roaches. I've always fed him roaches as his staple, but I must admit there are times where I forget to feed him. Its not out of malice I assure you, but I'm trying to get back on a more stable feeding schedule.
Anyway, besides eating so little protein he just absolutely will not eat the greens I offer him.. I've tried all kinds of different greens (mustard, dandelion, collard) and treat type veggies (bell peppers, berries, cactus pear) but he's so stubborn about not eating them. Is this a problem? I'm concerned about his non-protein intake.
Lastly, he takes regular poops but each time there's what appears to be vague traces of orangey looking substance in it. I think it might be blood? It wouldn't be the first time I've had to deal with a parasite sickness. When I got him he had worms before but I was able to get rid of them with vet help.
Also he hasn't shed in a while..The last time I remember a major shed (all appendages or main body) was before he turned 1. Since then he hasn't shed.
So to summarize:
- Doesn't eat much protein
- Will not eat his greens
- Some reddish/orangey substance in his bowel movements

Is he okay? If you guys could offer your insight I'd truly appreciate it!!
Some other specs:
- 40 gal enclosure on tile
- Temps range from 105 F (hot side) to approx 80 F (cool side)
- UVB light is a month old
- Will cycle between dubia and calciworms
- Feeding time is unfortunately irregular (working on it)
- Give him water every 2 or 3 days via faucet/misting
- He is my sweetie bumpy and I love him very much
(a picture of my beauty boy! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFmwnW_UwAAWX0k.jpg )

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, he looks the picture of health and really is a beauty. :) Some dragons just don't go for greens very much but you can still offer them at least once a week, waiting for the time if + when they decide to sample them. Until then , just feed the dubias those same greens, that way they are " gut loaded " with the good nutrition and the dragon still benefits.

Sometimes the poo does have a slight off color, not always related to any health problem but you can always have a fecal test done to check for parasites.

Cheesycrocs

Original Poster
Thank you for your response!! I really appreciate that haha. So it's okay that he doesn't eat his greens every day and offering once a week is alright? I'll give that a try, I hope he'll get used to the u__u

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom