Beardie Isn't Eating/Is barely eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingoliver

So, my 1-year-old bearded dragon, King, hasn't been eating much lately. I feed him yellow squash and dried crickets every morning and superworms in the afternoon. Nothing has changed in his diet or habitat. About a 1 or 2 weeks ago this started happening. He wouldn't eat a single superworm and didn't eat much squash. I try to feed him every day, but he usually walks away from me. That usually means he has become uninterested in his food. In the morning he would be very dark. I getting worried that it might be parasites or impaction. Any advice?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, can you post pics of King showing his full body as well as pics of his set up ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then click on new upload + select the pic you want.

What exact type + brand of lights do you use and how old are they ? Has King been pooping regularly, when was the last time ? The dried crickets aren't as good as live ones, but can be fed once in a while to a lager dragon as long as the dragon is well hydrated. The yellow squash is excellent + if he eats plenty of that it should keep him from becoming impacted. Offer water by dripping on his snout or if he drinks while being soaked, then that's good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom