Injured toes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other night I was feeding him, accidentally closed his toes in the door("OMG WHAT DID I DO?!" Panic ensued). :( :banghead: It bled a little, washed it(DID NOT use peroxide), doesn't appear to have been broken. But now it's turning black? He's not acting any different. Still eating good. Chowed down on some hearty crickets when I got home from work, harassed the cats like I've determined he likes to through the glass. Just wondering what you guys think. I DO have a call into an exotic animal vet, to throw that out there.

21731385_10212369748512094_193097117867779929_o.jpg

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I would get some raw unpasturized honey or non pain relief neosporin on there asap. I would get him to a vet to make sure it's not infected.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, keep it as clean an immobilized as you can. The raw/manuka honey is a good idea as well. Hopefully it won't get infected and will heal over. The toe may fall off but if it doesn't get infected and heals over cleanly that should be the end of it and it shouldn't cause a problem going forward. It's good that you've contacted a vet to double check it to make sure everything is OK and healing properly.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Ooh, that doesn't look good at all. He'll probably lose at least the one toe, if not two, but your main goal is preventing infection from setting in and necrosis from happening and spreading into his foot. A reptile vet isn't a bad idea, just for an antibiotic injection. I'd be getting some Hibiclens or Betadine antiseptic and soaking his foot in it a couple of times a day, dry it well, then apply either an antibiotic ointment or the diluted, raw honey afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom