Bubbles around mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mking0347

So this morning I woke up, and was preparing to feed my Beardie a breakfast of super worms, when I noticed she had two small air bubbles on her mouth, and when she turned to look at me, that side of her mouth was open partially. Her humidity is fine though temps have been a bit colder than normal, and she eats extremely well, pooping normally to boot. She does have a deformed nostril but is breathing normally as I can tell.

[/img]

Her lights hadn't been on for more than 45 minutes, so I thought maybe she could she have been drooling? Is it a possible RI? I'm not extremely worried but I would like some insight to ease my nerves about it!

ulintze29

When I have experienced bubbles, they were linked to a respiratory infection. It sounds like she is breathing normally and not wheezing, etc. If she is otherwise eating/acting normally, I would just keep an eye on it. Take her to a vet if it continues for more than a day or so.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like her head is shedding so that may be affecting her nasal passages temporarily too. I'd wait out the shed and see if the bubbles continue after it's done.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
I agree.. make sure her nostrils are clear. I also too got freaked out and thought my beardie had a R.I. but all it was because nostrils were blocked so kept breathing out the mouth. As long as you make sure temps are warm enough , after done with bath make sure to dry off before putting beardie back in enclosure :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Reptilelady":21k3v5kz said:
I agree.. make sure her nostrils are clear. I also too got freaked out and thought my beardie had a R.I. but all it was because nostrils were blocked so kept breathing out the mouth. As long as you make sure temps are warm enough , after done with bath make sure to dry off before putting beardie back in enclosure :)

Same here , only recently with my Toothless , then I noticed his nostrils were blocked with shed that hadn't come out, tried rubbing them with a damp cotton bud wouldn't move, so I opted to leave the blocked nostrils alone since he was otherwise just fine and showing zero other symptoms. Eventually (after about 3 weeks) one of his nostrils had a tube poking out and he rubbed it against my arm and it came out , then the other cleared over night a few days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom