Post-Relocation Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone,

So I moved back up to a new apartment about 2 weeks ago. Normally I would set up the tank right away but I didn't have help moving the tank out of my house and into the new apartment, so Rey slept the whole day in the car, and all through the night until the next morning.

Since moving, she has been glass surfing again, and has been refusing to wake up on her own. (I didn't move her out one day and she just stayed inside her box). Once she does wake up though, she's pretty active with her glass surfing.

I thought maybe it was my UVB tube as it was at its 6 month mark, so I replaced it, but didn't change her behavior.

I let her run around, cause I thought she was maybe super curious about the new bigger room that she's in. Still glass surfing.

I'm fairly confident that she's not full of eggs again because she laid eggs back in June.

She doesn't at all appear stressed (attaching a picture I took a minute ago), she has her same eating habbits (stubborn with greens, will eat an infinite # of bugs if I gave them to her).

AtyU1kk.jpg

She does still have one or two tiny patches of shed left.

Thoughts? Think she's still adjusting? It's just annoying moving her out of her hide myself. Sorry for the choppy & disconnected sentences lol.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It all sounds like normal relocation stress. It's really good that she's eating, at least she's not too stressed for that. :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She's looking good! I agree it sounds like she's just settling into her new home. Based on the photo I'd guess curious rather than stressed because of the bright eyes and bright orange beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom