Swallowed small water crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah, he'll be fine. It might take a day or two but it'll probably pass through with no problem.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
EllenD":30wzlm7p said:
Nobbys I was going to comment that they remind me of the stuff you put in plant and flower pots to keep them hydrated through winter! I bet if you look up the ingredients they are exactly the same thing...What would ever possess a company to say "Hey, what a great idea, let's market this stuff to keep live feeder insects for pet reptiles hydrated! They'll probably digest them...?"...

exactly same stuff .... I checked years ago when I thinking of using water crystals to hydrate my crickets , immediately changed my mind when I looked up the msds.

The warning on the bottle - keep out of reach of children was the first red flag (for me).

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I gave him a nice warm bath just a few minutes ago, he did go while in bath but it looked broken up pieces, like diarrhea? or something? I am hoping that it passed through. He usually goes once a day so I'm glad to see he went. I gave him plenty of veggies which he ate a bunch of today so im guessing that the fiber in the veggies made him go. If he did have impaction or intestinal blockage he wouldn't of gone to the bathroom?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
the wet mess was likely most /some of the swollen water saturated poo stained gel .

dodged a bullet .... very lucky it was only one bead .... time to buy a lottery ticket .

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I know right? :lol:
He did go poo again today this morning so that's good. His behavior seems to be normal, basking and walking around, head raised and alert. Is there a natural beardie detox they can do? Would like to start over on a clean fresh slate if possible. Never again will use those nasty water gels, Yuck! I saw they were sticky and im like great so if one of the feeders defecate on it it would be stuck to it. Wonderful. :roll:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
We've seen the effect of JUST ONE accidentially ingested , now imagine the effects of even a 3 or 4 , or if some dope gave them to their pet lizard thinking they were OK for hydration .... :shock: ( I don't think it would end so well , or cheaply if the lizard survived ).

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Nope not at all and definitely throwing those water crystals out. I sent the company an email and no response. I doubt they will ever get back to me as they really don't want to open a can of worms :/

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Reptilelady":1zcyskm8 said:
Nope not at all and definitely throwing those water crystals out. I sent the company an email and no response. I doubt they will ever get back to me as they really don't want to open a can of worms :/

.... you can bet their ambulance chasers (lawyers) are looking at "damage control" and probably their marketing manager too.

Probably expecting too much to hope they will quietly drop the product and have the stuff taken off pet shop shelves ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom