Justa. Question for yall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabaal12

Hi me and my wife a recently bought a bearded Dragon for our 1 year. And we just got a simple question. She seems to be getting darker in certain spots on her back and we think it might be stress. Of needed I'll post a picture of her later.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, nice looking beardie she is. :) Skin is a bit saggy , she could use just a wee bit of weight gain. The color is fine, there are natural dark markings on many beardies plus she seems to be shedding in some areas. They shed in uneven patches, nothing to worry about.

Cabaal12

Original Poster
AHBD":1qyq32es said:
Hi there, nice looking beardie she is. :) Skin is a bit saggy , she could use just a wee bit of weight gain. The color is fine, there are natural dark markings on many beardies plus she seems to be shedding in some areas. They shed in uneven patches, nothing to worry about.
Hi thanks for the response. Its a pain to get her to eat since she doesn't want to eat the mixture we got her. She will eat if it's crickets and or meal worms. Any tips on that ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Many dragons go through a period of relocation stress when in a new environment so it's not unusual if she won't eat much.

Can you post pics of her tank set up as well as list the exact type + brand of lights you have just to be sure that's all good ?

Cabaal12

Original Poster
93798-575992684.jpg

This is her tank and she wasn't too happy being put back into it.

I currently have a Zoo med Repti Basking Spot Lamp (75 W) and a Ceramic Heater Lamp (75W) to give added heat. I know I probably need to get her a nightlight

Also I know the sand in there isn't good for her even if it is Substrate Sand. I'm going to be buying her a bigger cloth carpet with my next paycheck to cover the bottom. Also gotta get her a bigger log since she loves to climb.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She's looking up like...hey, why you guys put me in here ? " :) So you have a good heat bulb but you will need a uvb bulb ASAP. No night light needed at all, the ceramic heater can be used if it gets below 65 [ it can be colder than that, but that can induce brumation which is like hibernation ]

You need the uvb bulb more than anything, a Reptisun 10.0 t5 HO or Arcadia D3 12%. Not a compact or coil bulb. You can also use a mercury vapor bulb like the Megaray which is all in one heat + uvb. A beardie can not absorb calcium without a good uvb light or regular exposure to the sun [ not through glass, the uvb doesn't go through glass ] and will become sick without it. For now if you can get her in the sun it will do her good, but not in a glass tank which heats up to lethal temps.

Cabaal12

Original Poster
I have a wire cage that I can put her in next to my window(for her 12 hours a day) ff that will help her out til i can get the bulb you recommended.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That would help only if the window were open + sun was shining in. If you could put the cage outside in the yard that would be best, supervised of course.

Cabaal12

Original Poster
AHBD":3b8b4fs6 said:
That would help only if the window were open + sun was shining in. If you could put the cage outside in the yard that would be best, supervised of course.

Alright thank you. Some of this stuff in only bring back from owning a Blue Iguana 15 plus years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom