Slight pinkish urate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed yesterday my beardie has a slight pink tint on a small part of the urate. The only red food I've seen him eat are red bell peppers but only a small amount yesterday, but I noticed the pinkish tint a few days ago. I do also have small amounts of carrots in his vegetables every few days, but have only seen him eat or noticed vegetables gone once or twice in a week. Everything seems to be normal, basking with head high, temps are good, pooping 1-3 times daily, eating like a monster and very active when I let him roam around supervised. Is this something I should be worried about? His daily feeder is also BSFL with fresh Collard greens every morning.

92875-5298002572.jpg

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Probably nothing to worry about. Our beardie has had red color in his urates ever since we got him. We were concerned about it at first and took a sample to the vet, and she looked at it under the microscope and determined that it wasn't blood, and mentioned that it could be due to "porphyrins". We don't worry about it anymore because it seems to be normal for him, and it's still redder than what's in your photo. That looks like a pretty normal beardie poop to me. It seems that urates often get tinted with all kinds of strange colors once in a while, and it's possible that carrots and/or red bell peppers could have added a little color. You can always take a sample to your vet if you're concerned, but I wouldn't really worry too much about a faint pinkish tint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom