Shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdrum6

My beardie is about 8 months old. She hasn't shed for about a month or more. She's about 18 inch long. I try to get her to eat greens but she just won't ever take it. She'll have some every few days but most of the time doesn't touch it. I feed her 25 crickets Daily with calcium and vitamins 2 times a week. She's in a 75 gal, her temps are 105 and 75. She has a zoomed tube uvb bulb. She gets baths every other day and poops every other day. Is it normal for this to happen?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She can still do more growing, but as they get a bit older it does slow down. So, she wont shed
quite as often as she did when she was younger. Plus, she will shed in patches also, instead of
doing an entire full body shed.
If she is eating normally, then I wouldn't worry too much, they do go through these phases!
Your setup sounds good. How old is the Reptisun 10 tube bulb & how close to her is it?
I think that she will be just fine. :D

Tracie

Jdrum6

Original Poster
Her appetite I have seen has slowed down maybe alittle. She won't eat greens though. No matter what. Also she is showing less of an interest in crickets too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom