Swollen foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrenchNotToast

Sonic is about 4 or 5 years old now and hes always been small but active, recently I've come across a swollen foot on his right hind leg. His behavior and eating pattern has not changed but I'm worried about his foot, I have no idea how long it has been swollen for I just noticed it. If anyone can please help me that would be very appreciated thankyou.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor guy, he may have hurt himself, I agree.
Pictures would be very helpful, too. If you could post pictures of your tank setup also, so we
can see the light placement, etc that would be great.

Tracie

FrenchNotToast

Original Poster
Ok, I got some pictiures.
93730-5941473413.jpg
93730-8396413219.jpg

If its hard to see I can send more, thankyou for telling me how to upload the images I couldn't figure it out. :lol: I will also try to get some picture of my tank set up.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How long has his foot been dark like that? It doesn't look good in the photos but in person does it look like the foot is shedding? It's possible there was an injury at some point and the foot is infected in which case a vet visit is a good idea. If the foot is just shedding, it could be swollen to help loosen the shedding skin.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does look kind of dark, but then there are a few areas, especially on the long toe that appears
to be whitish in color like shed. The end of his long toe looks a bit swollen, but, it could also be due
to shed too.
I hope it isn't necrotic. You should probably take him in to see the vet, for analysis of that to be sure there isn't any infection going on.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom