Dragon spsams

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like perhaps she has some kind of neurological or coordination issue. Have you brought her to see a vet? Perhaps they can test for atadenovirus. She looks too small for a blood workup though. What do you have in place for her lighting?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little one, so interested in her cricket too. I agree , neurological problem going on there. Just wanted to mention that to help her eat since she is having such trouble, shake the crickets up pretty hard in a jar [with calcium powder as you usually would , but much harder ] and then drop them right near her while they are weak from being shook up. Offer water dripped on her snout for a drink to be sure she's hydrated, too.

Had she been bathed recently ? Some dragons get an ear infection at times which can cause these symptoms, also the atadenovirus like Cooper mentioned. If she doesn't spend enough time under the Solar glo bulb then it may be a calcium deficiency if she's not getting enough uvb. All those are possibilities.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, definitely a neurological issue, possibly from adenovirus. Or, maybe some time of infection, or
calcium issues.
The Solar Glo is an ok bulb, but, they don't emit all that much UVB to be honest. So, what I would
suggest is to keep the Solar Glo as a nice basking light which should give off some UVB, but get a
tube UVB bulb to compliment the Solar Glo. It would boost the UVB exposure for her & help out
her absorption rate.
Try the Reptisun 10 or the Arcadia D3 12%, both T8 tube bulbs.
Be sure the crickets are smaller than the space between the eyes, also.
If the vet can't test for adeno, send me a PM & you can sign up on my Adeno site to test her. She
is way too small for a blood draw.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom