Black beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this would be a good place to post this, I got my juvie beardie a new bulb since his blew, the old one kept the Viv at 100 degrees but this new one only keeps it at 80. Now he's black all day while basking which he's never ever done before, should I get a new bulb that emits more heat? I don't want him to be stressing himself all day

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Which basking light are you using for him, what wattage is it?
He wont be able to digest his food & will be lethargic only being kept at 80. So, I would definitely
recommend getting a higher wattage bright white basking light, such as a halogen, to produce more heat, absolutely.
He is dark because he is trying to soak up any heat that he can.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Always dark ==> too cold trying to warm up .
How are measuring the temperatures ?
.......Dial type analogue thermometers are worthlessly inaccurate.

Here's my Cheat Sheet :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234738&p=1806050#p1806050

If you work through it methodically , the chances are their are likely a lot of issues that need to be tweeked or changed and they will pop right out at you, if you can give very detailed answers we will then be in a position to offer help. Is impossible to help you if you don't provide thorough details .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom