Does my beardie have a respiratory infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirt585

Ok so, I have a 10 inch, 3 month old beardie named Squirt and got him about 2 months ago and his first shed was sometime in June and ever since then he will occasionally inflate himself and puff up and re puff up for about 15 seconds, he does this maybe once a day but only when he is in shed and doesn't when he's not shedding, so is that normal?
His temps are 95-100 on his basking spot
UVB is 24 in tube reptisun 10.0
Substrate is tile
Nightly temps at between 75-80
Has a 20 gal and will be upgraded to a 50 gallon soon
His main diet is 20-40 Phoenix worms a day and a small dish of prepared diet with collard and mustard greens
He is active and quite the character and would hate to have him feel bad

Here are some pics

92428-9409555303.jpg
92428-1283373093.jpg
92428-5052203140.jpg

Thank you for any feedback possible!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is a nice looking dragon! He does look like he is going to shed.
They will puff themselves up quite a bit, especially if they have face or neck shed to come off.
It can be an ordeal for them, trying to get it all off, too!
If he is bearding even when he isn't in shed, then he is probably just having fun. They love to
push their beards out.
Your setup looks good right now. He will definitely need a larger tank as he will quickly outgrow the 20 gallon so the 50 gallon sounds great!
Is the Reptisun 10 tube bulb mounted on the underneath side of the screen or on top of it? Do you use a bright white basking light?
The temperatures sound good, are you using a digital probe or a temp gun?

Tracie

Squirt585

Original Poster
Drache613":q38yc76b said:
Hello,

He is a nice looking dragon! He does look like he is going to shed.
They will puff themselves up quite a bit, especially if they have face or neck shed to come off.
It can be an ordeal for them, trying to get it all off, too!
If he is bearding even when he isn't in shed, then he is probably just having fun. They love to
push their beards out.
Your setup looks good right now. He will definitely need a larger tank as he will quickly outgrow the 20 gallon so the 50 gallon sounds great!
Is the Reptisun 10 tube bulb mounted on the underneath side of the screen or on top of it? Do you use a bright white basking light?
The temperatures sound good, are you using a digital probe or a temp gun?

Tracie

I have the screen pulled out and the reptisun runs across the tank and is not being blocked by the screen
And yes, I am using a 75w bright white basking bulb
I ordered a temp gun yesterday

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom