Clorox Cleaning Wipes SAFE????

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyinPurple

Hatchling Member
Hi! I have a sort of soft black lining at the bottom of my vivs for easy cleanup (I've checked and the color/material does not retain heat so there's no risk). I was wondering if the Clorox-style cleaning wipes are safe to use in the enclosure? I've started using them because they're really good for cleaning up waste and getting everything super clean and hygenic, and I always make sure there isn't any residue left from the wipes. I just want to make sure that it's actually safe! I never get the scented versions so there's no smell either.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Only if you follow up thoroughly with a paper towel + plain water to get the clorox off....it is poison. I use red wine vinegar [ not white or apple cider ] is stronger + safer.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I would say no, not inside your beardie's enclosure because Clorox wipes generally have poisonous chemicals and often times bleach (if they are the ones with bleach). So unless you're going to rinse the entire inside of the enclosure out after you wipe it with them, then absolutely not. The fumes will longer and they can hurt him, plus even if you "wipe all of the residue away" it's still there unless you rinse the entire enclosure out really well under water several times.

If you want a really good enclosure cleaner that disinfects everything and is so safe that you can use it as a nebulizer treatment for upper respiratory infections, order some F10 disinfectant online, or some pet shops carry it.

PrettyinPurple

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I really appreciate all the responses! Almost all of you suggested the F10 cleaning solution so I'm definitely going to go online right now and buy it.
Thank you!!!!

PrettyinPurple

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Just ordered a huge container of the F10 and a spray bottle :D thank you all again for all the advice. I've only used the Clorox wipes a couple of times for spot cleaning, which is why I wanted to ask before it actually became an issue. Normally whenever I would spot clean I would also leave the tanks open while I cuddled with them so it doesn't sound like anything super harmful happened yet. The supplies should come Wednesday, so there should be absolutely no need for me to use the wipes again!
Thank you!!!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that's the F10SC. I've heard similar warnings that there are counterfeit products on Amazon. I agree that it's wise to purchase from a trustworthy & known source. I always order mine from the Bean Farm in the US.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
AHBD":3im4drun said:

I've read this on the bottles as well. The concentrate is pretty harsh on it's own. I try to be careful not to be in contact with it and wash my hands well after mixing it in a spray bottle. The diluted version of it (I use 1 part F10SC to 250 or 500 parts water) is safe to be in contact with from what I've read and experienced. A small bottle of concentrate has lasted me well over a year with daily use.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
PrettyinPurple":35rzfvsn said:
Oh no :( This is the one I bought because it had nothing but good reviews:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ECJ5NIY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How do I go about mixing it with water and making sure it's diluted enough??

That's the exact same size bottle I buy. I buy mine from VetaFarm (here in Australia) and http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/F10D.

At the top of the bottle there is a little tube feed reservoir with two depth marks on it.

Lower mark is 5ml (meniscus just below the line is very close to 4ml)
higher mark is 10ml (meniscus just below the line is very close tom 8-9 ml)

As per the instructions on the back of the bottle

<<< Instructions on my F10sc spray bottle (500ml) >>>

Take the lid off the little reservoir
simply squeeze the bottle the concentrate flows in
.....the normal concentrate 1:250 in 0.5 litre of water is arrived at buy stopping the flow to the reservoir at 1/2 way up to the bottom marker (2 ml in 500 ml H2O)
have a 0.5 L spray bottle ready , pour the little reservoir of concentrate into the 0.5 L bottle and add tap water.

<<< I simply fill to the bottom mark ==> I use it at 1:125 conc in water , I am sure all germs and pathogens are killed at that concentration.

==> done replace lid on bottle to stop spillage
Put squeezy trigger lid back on the squeeze bottle ...give it a shake ==> read to go.

If you want 1:125 in 0.5 litre of water , fill the reservoir to the bottom (5ml) mark , you can then be very sure that on 30 min contact , all germs are dead .

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that's the right price and looks the same so I think it's probably the "good stuff". I use a plastic syringe to draw out some of the concentrate and then drip that into a spray bottle and fill it with water to the appropriate level. I like the Target brand (Up & Up) bottles because they don't leak at all when they spray. I drop 3ml of concentrate in then fill it with 25oz of water (just below the top ridge on those bottles). That winds up at just about a 1:250 ratio as Kingofnobbys suggested. When I used a smaller 12oz sprayer I'd add .71ml of F10 and 12oz of water which is about 1:500 concentration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom