Beardie not using back legs. Possibly impaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7hunder68

My bearded dragon has not been using her back legs recently. She is 16in long so i just started feeding her superworms. She is in a 40gal tank with a 100 watt heat bulb and a reptisun 10.0. I'm worried she's impacted and paralyzed. Is it a temporary problem or permanent?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At 16inches impaction is less likely than with a young dragon. Is she just basking with her legs out or is she actually having trouble moving around? If you take her out of the tank is she able to stand and walk normally? A lot of times they'll bask with their legs dangling or splayed out and it's just their way of relaxing.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
When is the last time she had a bowel movement? And when you say that she stopped using her back legs, is she dragging them around behind her, or are they flopping around? Any twitches in them? Do you see any humps or curves in her spine? Is she straining to poop a lot? Any black beard?

Did you feel her tummy for hard lumps? Put her on her belly and put your hands underneath her so you're feeling her stomach. Very gently palpate down her right side with your right hand, starting up under her right armpit with your fingers, and work your way down her right side toward her vent, and see if you can feel any really hard lumps or long pieces of poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom