Weird squishy stuff on lip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misteh

I'm new to owning a bearded dragon and I started giving my beardie baths recently and i noticed that when he's done the very front part of his lips kinda swell up and get squishy and i touched it a bit to see if it would come off and it slowly came off? Is this normal or is there a problem with my beardie? It goes away after his baths but I'm not sure if it's ok

Zanna

Hatchling Member
Can u post a picture of it? You're only using water right? And a clean container or sink?

misteh

Original Poster
Zanna":2z2833sk said:
Can u post a picture of it? You're only using water right? And a clean container or sink?
Yes I use a clean container for his baths I can probably send a pic of him in a bath tomorrow since it's gone now. it just seems like a part of his lip kinda sheds everytime he takes a bath?

misteh

Original Poster
93309-9821094148.jpg
93309-3941034209.jpg
93309-1128198533.jpg
93309-6413459764.jpg
It's weird how it only appears when he gets a bath or drinks out of his water bowl? It sticks to his lips so I feel like it's skin

Zanna

Hatchling Member
I'm not an expert, it looks a bit like old shed me. I'm hoping that one of the gurus pops in for a look. You could swab it with a clean swab and see if yr vet could test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom