Mail in fecal testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracneya

I have a beardie rescue and currently have a few beardies i think that have parasites. I've read up on doing my own fecal testing and will like to do that but in the meantime Ive seen some mail in testing by a few sites.
Any one have reviews on the best one? And I've read most only do floats and not smears..is that bad? I want it to be as accurate as possible.

Thank you!

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Mailing in will only be able to see larger things like eggs (fecal float). Fecal smears may also show eggs but unless you look at a fresh sample you won't see anything alive and moving, like protazoa. Obviously mailing won't be fresh enough but will still be able to see eggs of larger parasites. I also did a lot of research and do my own fecals now. I found fecal float kits on bearded dragon co. I got a microscope from amazon. I did the mail in once. I can't remember who it was but you can contact Tracie and ask at bug-de-lite or on this site (drache_613).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom