Para-Zap: does this actually work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I've had Ramses for 2 months now; I rescued him/her from PetCo when he was about the size of two of my fingers held together. Absolutely tiny.
I've been doing endless reading on this site and others since the day I brought him home and am very appreciative of all of your knowledge. I have learned a great deal and yet feel as though I've just scratched the surface.
I came across a product called Para-Zap that is an "all natural parasite control" for beardies. I've never heard of it before and wanted to know if any of you have, and if so, is it actually a legitimate product?

Many thanks in advance!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Had to look it up . Read the rubbish on their webpage / a advertisement , read their avertisement for yourself .... http://members.tripod.com/sidorsky_1/sitemove/dragons/parazap.html
sounds like a load of BS to me.

Save your hard earned $ for something else, ie a vet to check to see if the beardie is ACTUALLY infected with parasites and then for an effective parasite treatment if needed ,rather then wasting time and your money on "home remedies" which at best will be worthless ,will more than likely prove to be ineffective in controlling parasites and a waste of money, and might be very toxic to a beardie.

Ollie2

In their FAQ, they list wormwood and black walnut as their main ingredients. Those are herbs that are used to kill parasites in people (worked on me). I would consider these herbs benign but I don't have any experience of using them with beardies.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
It's total garbage, and if your beardie actually has parasites or worms this will only waste your money and time, because I guarantee that it won't work, and if it seems to at first they will only come back with a vengeance.

Agreed that a real fecal test at a certified Reptile vet is fairly cheap, usually between $20-$30. This will #1 tell you if your beardie actually has parasites or worms, and #2 it will tell you exactly what parasites and worms he has. Once you know that, the vet can prescribe real medications, antiparasitics, that will kill the parasites and worms that he has, as well as any eggs left behind, which is key to getting rid of them.

The entire fecal test and medications if needed will cost you less than $100 at a certified Reptile vet, and your beardie will be properly diagnosed and treated immediately, and it will be over with. Or you can buy things like this that don't work, and he'll just get infested and will eventually have to go to a vet anyway. Or worse, he may not even have parasites or worms, and you'll be exposing him to potentially harmful stuff that is totally useless and unnecessary.

HippieChick

Original Poster
Thanks to all of you for responding. Kingofnobbys, yes, I found that site (and another: www.parazap.com) quite suspect, but wasn't sure if it was a legit product being re-sold on other sites.
I appreciate all of your input very much. I did have him examined and a fecal test performed by a herp vet. He has elevated levels of coccidia, and after 2 weeks they are still waiting for the meds to arrive. I officially gave up on them today and will find another vet. It should not take over 2 weeks to deliver medication!!
At any rate, thank you again for your quick responses! Love this site!

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
HippieChick":pdtua2t0 said:
Thanks to all of you for responding. Kingofnobbys, yes, I found that site (and another: http://www.parazap.com) quite suspect, but wasn't sure if it was a legit product being re-sold on other sites.
I appreciate all of your input very much. I did have him examined and a fecal test performed by a herp vet. He has elevated levels of coccidia, and after 2 weeks they are still waiting for the meds to arrive. I officially gave up on them today and will find another vet. It should not take over 2 weeks to deliver medication!!
At any rate, thank you again for your quick responses! Love this site!

No kidding, especially something so common as coccidia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom