One of my Baby Beardies stools was a green goopy mucus mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmija99

Hi Guys, the title of this post explains it almost completely, but I have some more information.

I just got my first Beardie pal Yoshi less than a week ago, he has the essential living conditions :

Reptile Carpet
Water (big enough to swim in, not dive but to sit in the water) + Food Bowl
Basking Light (Makes basking spot about 95 Degrees)
UVB Light near the Basking
Basking Area
A House to Hide in (Well, his house is the underside his half cut wooden log.

Etc Etc, I just want it to be known that he has the essentials and that there is not issue with that.

So, the issue : He had a poop yesterday, and it was a big, greenish, goopy see-through mess. This thing looked like straight up MUCUS! In his 3/4 poops he's had for the 4/5 days I've had him, he's never pooped anything like this. Sure, theres been a bit of mucus with his normal looking poops but absolutely nothing like this.

His current diet is :

Calcium Dusted Crickets, 10 per day (10 because he is a small fellow and the crics are labeled "small" but they're big(ish) enough for him to be full after 4/5, then finish the other 4/5 in the evening.

His Food Bowl has a few Fruits for snacks like Carrots and Strawberries (both very small cuts) and I am trying to get him on Collard Greens soon.

I keep his UVB on 12 hours a day, off 12 Hours. No lights during night, (lights are off at about 10:30pm) so far I've been staying up late to make sure the temps are safe for him, and if it gets bad, I plan on buying a Ceramic heater, which I sure will get soon, but right now he stays about 70 Fahrenheit during the night.

I'm not sure what the problem could be! So far it's a one time thing.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, all beardies can have an occasional strange poo, so it's O.K if it's once in a while but if it persists then you might want to have a fecal test done. A few things to do, get his basking temp. up to 100, 105 tops. Be sure that the rest of the tank has areas that go from about 80 -90. The cool side must be about 80, the warmest [ basking ] spot about 100-105.

Can you post pics of Yoshi + his set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload pics

Please go on Amazon and purchase the bearded dragon manual by Terri M sommela.
This is the best advise you will get on raising/caring for bearded dragons. I've learned so much from this book. Terri has some of the best looking bearded dragons available. Fire and ice dragons!
Plz spread the word about this book it's very valuable information. I read a lot of questions from folks that could easily been answered by reading this book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom