Is this Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unchipai

Hello everyone,

So I am having a bit of problem with my bearded dragon lately. There is a lot of black and orange dots all over his body. I went to the vet with him and the vet thinks it might be mites but he isn't even sure since it is not irritating him and I haven't seen movement. I tried the provent-a-mite, reptile spray, and even the iodine bath but they are not coming off. One of the orange dots has been on him for four years and hasn't moved and didn't spread till now. Also he recently just shed but instead of having a brighter color come out like he usually does,it got darker. Other then that he is in really good health. Has a healthy weight, active, and always interested in food. His husbandry is to a T. He has had fatty liver disease two years ago and had amputations to his tail and some of his toes. I adopted him from an abusive owner that apparently gave him inappropriate lights to the point where he had three layers of shed skin that couldn't come off and overfed him. I am wondering if it is possible that maybe these dots are from getting older. The first image shows small dots of orange on his bottom lip and a black dot on his cheek, the second image shows his right side darker which just finished shedding today, and lastly the image shows the orange dot on his middle spike, a little off to the right that has been there for four year.

Thanks
79547-3064876003.jpg
79547-6079582455.jpg
79547-3753568842.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, everything looks well within the normal scale color and small blemishes that many beardie have. I don't see mites, and they would never just form a cluster that stayed in one spot for years....that's just color.

Unchipai

Original Poster
AHBD":3iqjhlrh said:
Hi there, everything looks well within the normal scale color and small blemishes that many beardie have. I don't see mites, and they would never just form a cluster that stayed in one spot for years....that's just color.

Thank you!! But the thing is that one spot has been there for many years but just within a couple months more of the orange spots started popping up on his face and show no signs of stopping. Would that just be coloring for an older beardie or mites?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I can't see any mites there, but if you ever suspect mites you could look very intensely at them to see f they move. Little orange spots can be just individual scales turning color, mites will be moving and pretty easy to notice if you watch them very closely.

Unchipai

Original Poster
AHBD":2imu554p said:
I can't see any mites there, but if you ever suspect mites you could look very intensely at them to see f they move. Little orange spots can be just individual scales turning color, mites will be moving and pretty easy to notice if you watch them very closely.

Thank you so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom