Gaping, head rubbing on objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootex20

Hi there, so a few months ago I lost my girl to unfortunate circumstances (It was really hard). A week later, Zeus began getting depressed stopped eating and when he would check Mystics cage she wasn't there. I had to get another beardie, she is 5 years old her name is Jaba, she is a big beautiful girl, but ever since I've lost my last girl I'm getting paranoid. She had a vet checkup, vet said she was perfectly healthy and really feisty. Well after a month the gaping is continuing, she goes in her heatlight then on her hammock, she wants out, she eats but she DOES NOT like when veggies are picked for her, she rather eat them on the leaf (weird right?!).
Her equipment:
120 gallon tank
Heat & humidity gauge
100 watt exo terra heat bulb (Basking spot is aprox 100f)
18" UVB bulb (it's in the back but close to the heatlight)

Anyways! she gapes, and she is rubbing her head on objects! It's scaring me, I've been paranoid forever now, she has no sign of URI (no clicking in the breathing) when she does gape however she takes multiple heavy breathes. All help is appreciated thanks!

Pictures of her & her enclosure

http://imgur.com/a/WRBO3

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you see signs of shed around her face/head? They often puff up and rub against things to help loosen shedding skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom