Help! Parasites????

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie did a poo yesterday and it looked fine and he went again and it was SUPER watery the poop was loosed and look like mud and so did the urate there was also undigested worm parts in it. I'm concerned because I know it's not normal and I've read loose poop can be a sign of parasites. I wanted to take my beardie to the vet cause of potential parasites and my mom told me not to jump to conclusions. Any help would be great!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would just keep an eye on it for now. If it becomes a trend, a vet visit and fecal check may be warranted but they sometimes just get upset stomachs and that happens. If it continues like that for a couple of weeks then I'd have it checked out though.

CrazyBeardieGirl

Original Poster
CooperDragon":34hvj7lr said:
I would just keep an eye on it for now. If it becomes a trend, a vet visit and fecal check may be warranted but they sometimes just get upset stomachs and that happens. If it continues like that for a couple of weeks then I'd have it checked out though.
Thanks!!

CrazyBeardieGirl

Original Poster
CooperDragon":19g9qbf1 said:
He just "pooped" again it was pure liquid with very little loose urate is this normal for upset stomachs?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes. The liquid is usually excess water passing through their systems. Has anything changed in his diet recently? Is he eating hornworms or squash or something else that has a lot of liquid in it to begin with?

CrazyBeardieGirl

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2wuvg866 said:
Sometimes. The liquid is usually excess water passing through their systems. Has anything changed in his diet recently? Is he eating hornworms or squash or something else that has a lot of liquid in it to begin with?
I did feed him squash yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom