Belly Dragging

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyRachelLynn

My daughter's dragon is named Indiana Jones. Indie has always been a bit, lazy. His sister, Naga,
(possibly litter mate but we aren't sure) is active.

Indie doesn't like to do much. He'd rather sit on the bottom of his cage, under his heatlamp. When feeding him veggies or bugs he eats when the food moves in front of him, or the veggies when he's hungry enough to bother to move. When we pull him out of the cage, he walks with all four limbs, but dragging his belly on the ground. He'll eat the occasional mealworm to be nice, but doesn't seem to want to eat food that takes effort to lift himself off his belly. Crickets crawl in front of him so he grabs those.

Is there likely something wrong with him, or is just Indie just a lazy butt and perfectly fine? (I'm ok with him just being a lazy butt!! but if he needs me to get meds or vitamins or whatever for him I'll do that too!)

Thanks in advance.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, that sometimes happens but if he is always doing that it sounds like he could have some issues with calcium deficiency.
Can you run over his tank setup with us, such as his UVB type & brand, current supplementation, temperatures, etc just so we can be sure they are all correct.
Do you have any pictures of him?
Are they housed separately I presume?

Tracie

LadyRachelLynn

Original Poster
He was previously in the 10 gal he came home in. I had to move things around here and that took a bit of time. He is now in a 50 gal.

When I figure out how to post a picture I will.

He eats romaine and mealworms mostly though I try to get broccoli in everyone's diet. Crickets aren't a regular item due to the escape factor. Pinkie type mice on occasion.

Indie is approx 1 yr old. He is a rescued bearded and is missing over half his tail and several toes. His sister had less toes missing but the same tail damage. We have had them since last thanksgiving.

All of my animals are rescues and consequently many are picky eaters. All are housed separately.

LadyRachelLynn

Original Poster
I told my daughter to start using the calcium dusting again... as a start.... but I know she hadn't been for a little while. He is growing.... even though he eats like a human toddler. And isn't skinny at all. But doesn't feel like he is bloated.... feels healthy like my 4.5 yrs old dragon.... just seems to live on air and do nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom