4 days no poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Iloverex":ee07bgm0 said:
Oh another thing is, he has a basking spot which ranges from day to day between 100-103. But he never seems to hang out directly under the light. Usually he's on his bigger hammock (which he loves) which is a bit to the right of the basking spot. My guess, that particular area is around 95-100, possibly a tad less.

<<< this is perfectly OK, beardies will find the spot where they feel the most comfortable.

So mostly he's either on that hammock or on his cave, (which is on the cool side) at least lately. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure in his previous enclosure, he spent most his time under or near the basking area... So, ya. I don't know, it just that every little thing gives me anxiety. Before RJ I had a baby girl that passed at just over two years old. So Its just that in my head I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm just so afraid of losing another baby

You'll get more relaxed about their behaviours and individual quirks over time. You're just still on a steep learning curve and it's all new to you . We've all been there done that .... and most of us are still keeping beardies despite the ups and downs and anxiety attacks when new unexpected things happened.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
kingofnobbys":10061vbn said:
Iloverex":10061vbn said:
Oh another thing is, he has a basking spot which ranges from day to day between 100-103. But he never seems to hang out directly under the light. Usually he's on his bigger hammock (which he loves) which is a bit to the right of the basking spot. My guess, that particular area is around 95-100, possibly a tad less.

<<< this is perfectly OK, beardies will find the spot where they feel the most comfortable.

So mostly he's either on that hammock or on his cave, (which is on the cool side) at least lately. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure in his previous enclosure, he spent most his time under or near the basking area... So, ya. I don't know, it just that every little thing gives me anxiety. Before RJ I had a baby girl that passed at just over two years old. So Its just that in my head I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm just so afraid of losing another baby

You'll get more relaxed about their behaviours and individual quirks over time. You're just still on a steep learning curve and it's all new to you . We've all been there done that .... and most of us are still keeping beardies despite the ups and downs and anxiety attacks when new unexpected things happened.
Truer words were never spoken my friend!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
So, ya. I don't know, it just that every little thing gives me anxiety. Before RJ I had a baby girl that passed at just over two years old. So Its just that in my head I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm just so afraid of losing another baby

The amazing thing about being Hooman is, we learn from past experiences. Yes we all worry about our dragons, myself included. But we trudge on like good little slaves, lol! Hang in there, it will all work out. They love to throw us curve balls now and, then, lol!

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
His lights run 7-8. To accommodate proper feeding. Wake up is 7 because bedtime is 8. Bedtime is 8 to ensure he gets enough digestion time after dinner. I get out of work at 5 only takes a few mins to get home, but for those days that don't go as planned, 8 gives me a some cushion to ensure he gets 2 1/2 hrs at least before bed. My wife is usually able to give him about an hour before feeding him breakfast before she goes to work. I'm usually out by 730. He was eating roaches since I got him (he was about 3 months), but he just stopped eating them a few weeks ago, flat out. Frustrating since we started breeding them. His breeder told us he was being fed supers already. So anyway, ya. Horn worms are an ok staple right? It's frustrating some times. I've learned a lot over the years, but even still I feel like I still get mixed info. Like so many feed and say supers are ok. And if he'd just keep eating roaches it wouldn't matter.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
King of nobbys, I heard crickets were dirty. (High risk of parasites. I fed him some the first week until the roaches came in, he ended up with pin worms. Maybe he already had them, or maybe it was the crickets, not sure, but that's why I went to supers when he stopped eating the roaches. And are locusts different than crickets?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Iloverex":373n9cqm said:
King of nobbys, I heard crickets were dirty. (High risk of parasites. I fed him some the first week until the roaches came in, he ended up with pin worms. Maybe he already had them, or maybe it was the crickets, not sure, but that's why I went to supers when he stopped eating the roaches. And are locusts different than crickets?

Mmmm ....

. Been using crickets as my main feeder insect for near 10 yrs , no issues .

Can't buy locusts here , so apart from saying think grasshoppers , I will let people who live where locusts are available commercially as feeder insects.

Wonder if maybe the pin worms perhaps came from the roaches , afterall pin worms don't infest the gut overnight ...it takes about a month

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Iloverex":31jjh48a said:
His lights run 7-8.
>>> 13 hours is a bit short , I recommend bumping that up by an hour or two .
my lights and heat are timed to automatically switch on at 6am , and automatically switch off at 10pm , everyday .

To accommodate proper feeding. Wake up is 7 because bedtime is 8. Bedtime is 8 to ensure he gets enough digestion time after dinner. I get out of work at 5 only takes a few mins to get home, but for those days that don't go as planned, 8 gives me a some cushion to ensure he gets 2 1/2 hrs at least before bed. My wife is usually able to give him about an hour before feeding him breakfast before she goes to work. I'm usually out by 730. He was eating roaches since I got him (he was about 3 months), but he just stopped eating them a few weeks ago, flat out. Frustrating since we started breeding them. His breeder told us he was being fed supers already. So anyway, ya. Horn worms are an ok staple right? It's frustrating some times. I've learned a lot over the years, but even still I feel like I still get mixed info. Like so many feed and say supers are ok. And if he'd just keep eating roaches it wouldn't matter.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry, off subject, does anyone know about butter/ Horn worms being used as a staple?

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
MY BABY IS ON THE COOL SIDE AGAIN! WHY DOES HE KEEP DOING THIS???? He ate 2 hornworms, 2 butter worms, and 1 roach this morning, and spent the morning on the hot side, but he went to the cool side about 1:00 pm. It's 1:45 now. And I'm sure he'll spend the rest of the day over there unless I move him. Any chance his new viv is bothering him more than a little bit? Does the fact it was a new viv with (some) new decor, AND in a new room make a difference?

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KING OF NOBBYS! ONLY 8 HRS SLEEP???? He already seems tired some nights by the time 8pm rolls around? I thought 14 hours lights on was suppose to be max?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom