Does this beardie look healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whippybasket

I'm planning on buying a bearded Dragon and I've heard some good things about jtk reptiles. They only have 1 beardie available. I'm just a little concerned is his bellies bloated or is it supposed to look like that can anyone please help me and tell me if he looks healthy. Thanks
92630-6381050134.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
He looks fine .... wee little hatchlings like him get big bellys as they are essentially greedy gutses .

Did you spot the nipped tail ? Only a little bit is gone, this happens frequently when several very hungry hatchlings share the same tank or tub , if it moves or wriggles and is spotted it's likely to be bitten thinking it's food.

Three meals of live insects per day at 1 month old.

Whippybasket

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3vtv6h8z said:
Whippybasket":3vtv6h8z said:
I'm planning on buying a bearded Dragon and I've heard some good things about jtk reptiles. They only have 1 beardie available. I'm just a little concerned is his bellies bloated or is it supposed to look like that can anyone please help me and tell me if he looks healthy. Thanks
92630-6381050134.jpg

He's fine .... wee little hatchlings like him get big bellys as they are essentially greedy gutses .

Did you spot the nipped tail ? Only a little bit is gone, this happens frequently when several very hungry hatchlings share the same tank or tub , if it moves or wriggles and is spotted it's likely to be bitten thinking it's food.

Three meals of live insects per day at 1 month old.

Thanks so much the seller actually told me that he was born with that tail.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
He looks very healthy, my 2 month old now has the big belly, I only worry if they don't. The tail nip isn't a huge deal, but he wasn't likely born with it, it's very common for hatchlings housed together, they often are missing the end of their tails, toes, sometimes entire feet...But if the tail nip doesn't bother you, it won't bother him at all, as long as it's completely healed.

neilkd21

Hatchling Member
Looks perfectly fine to me.

As the previous posters said wouldn't have been born with the tail like that it's definitely been a nip. Only looks like a small part of the tip but it's fairly common and as long as healed won't be an issue.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
neilkd21":2bgq4g8g said:
Looks perfectly fine to me.

As the previous posters said wouldn't have been born with the tail like that it's definitely been a nip. Only looks like a small part of the tip but it's fairly common and as long as healed won't be an issue.

Yep , my Rex had a similarly nipped tail and also a missing nail on her largest toe on her left foot. Never bothered her - was completely healed when I bought her and Puff.
Definitely been nipped by a sibling or another hatchling while with the breeder or pet shop - I don't know what the seller thinks he has to gain by lying to you about such a trivial issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom