Laying eggs for three weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomerang

Hey everyone! My beardie is a female, and she started laying eggs about three weeks ago and never stopped. Here is to clarify: Originally at the first time she laid maybe 10-13 of them (unfertilized), however every few days or so she will lay another 1-2. She seems completely happy, and has been eating okay for the past few weeks. Is this a normal behaviour?
92313-1684682160.jpg
Part of the original clutch ( +/- 3 weeks ago)
92313-4445612580.jpg
The perpetrator
92313-2573348060.jpg
2 days ago
92313-6496967003.jpg
Today

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's not really normal but some dragons do seem to lay them that way . It's best to have a good laybox set up to give her a chance to lay them all at the same time.

If she ever becomes suddenly very lethargic, sick looking and maybe even blackbearding then she might be eggbound . Then you'd need to get herb to an experienced reptile vet ASAP.

doomerang

Original Poster
I could have sworn that I replied to this back when because I remember reading it! Regardless, thanks so much for the insight. I really appreciate the knowledge and experience you have shared with me! Beardieis alright and it seems all went smoothly, although I am now having some problems with her defecation. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom