Survey for school, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

siriatuy

Hello everyone!
I'm Ria and I'm new here and I wondered if some of you could help me out :)
For school, I have been instructed to analyse the average condition of bearded dragons.

I would like to ask if anyone who owns a bearded dragon would like to answer a few questions, and possibly send a picture from the topview of your bearded dragon :)

Thanks in advance!

--- questions ---
Exact species?
Sex?
Age?
Total length? (Cm)
Length without tail? (Cm)
Weight? (Grams)

Feed
How often do you feed per week?
What is the feed volume?
How do you feed?
Feed contents?

Management
What kind of UV lamp do you use? Intensity?
What is the temperature of terrarium? (Celsius)
What is the size of terrarium? (LxWxH)

Additional info
Has the animal been chipped?
How long do you own your bearded dragon?
Do you go to a vet regularly? If so, for what?

Photo from topview?

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Hi Ria, welcome! I like filling out stuff like this. It reminds me of the surveys that used to go around on MySpace lol.

Exact species? Pogona Vitticeps
Sex? Female
Age? 7 months
Total length? (Cm) 41.2cm
Length without tail? (Cm) 17.8cm
Weight? (Grams) 361g (just weighed the little fatty yesterday!)

Feed
How often do you feed per week? 2x per day (she is still young), once in the morning and once in the evening
What is the feed volume? As many as she'll eat in about 10-15 minutes. She ususally scarfs down about 30 crickets or 10-15 dubias.
How do you feed? A mix of hand feeding and throwing them at her LOL
Feed contents? Crickets, dubias, and a daily salad of collard greens or mustard greens.

Management
What kind of UV lamp do you use? Reptisun 10 tube. Intensity? T8
What is the temperature of terrarium? (Celsius) Basking spot: 40.6C; Warm end ambient temperature: 35C; Cool end ambient temperature: 26.7C
What is the size of terrarium? (LxWxH) 91.4cm x 45.8cm x 30.5cm

Additional info
Has the animal been chipped? No
How long do you own your bearded dragon? 5 months
Do you go to a vet regularly? If so, for what? Yes. Fecal exams and wellness checks .(My dragon has atadenovirus so her organ function needs to be monitored).

Photo from topview?
89594-6251615179.jpg
Bonus photo!
89594-8216190659.jpg

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Hi there!

You should get quite a few good responses, there are lots of people here always happy to help! :D

Mind giving us some more details on this project? I would have loved to actually be assigned something on bearded dragons when I was in school! I totally brought mine in with me for Environmental Science when we were doing Biomes (I got Desert, hehe!) :)

siriatuy":2t9erqrb said:
--- questions ---
Sex? Male
Age? 7.5 months
Total length? (Cm) 51cm
Length without tail? (Cm) 27cm tip of nose to base of tail
Weight? (Grams) 452 grams

Feed
How often do you feed per week? Twice a day, every day! (He's still got some growing to do)
What is the feed volume? About 30-ish medium roaches for breakfast, same for lunch, and a small salad that he sometimes feels like munching on throughout the day, and sometimes a worm for a treat!
How do you feed? Hand-feed sometimes, or he has his own bowl for his bugs that can't climb out
Feed contents? Dubia roaches, hornworms, butter worms, black soldier fly larvae, silkworms, mustard, turnip, or dandelion greens, bok choy, collard greens... Some other veg like bell peppers, green beans, and some mango or papaya about once a week. Bugs dusted with calcium with D3 twice a week, calcium without D3 three times a week, and multivitamins twice a week

Management
What kind of UV lamp do you use? Intensity? ReptiSun 10.0 T5HO
What is the temperature of terrarium? (Celsius) Basking: 41.6, 'Cool' side: 27.7, 'Warm' side: 33.8
What is the size of terrarium? (LxWxH) 120cm x 53cm x 33cm (approximately)

Additional info
How long do you own your bearded dragon? Had him for about 4.5 months.
Do you go to a vet regularly? If so, for what? Been once for a six-month general wellness check, and once for a fecal test for parasites

Photo from topview?
89627-7233306546.jpg

siriatuy

Original Poster
Thanks so much guys!

Its also very nice to read about ur dragons :)
Hopefully others will reply as well!

fuchsiaSkies":2bugwgkn said:
Hi there!

You should get quite a few good responses, there are lots of people here always happy to help! :D

Mind giving us some more details on this project? I would have loved to actually be assigned something on bearded dragons when I was in school! I totally brought mine in with me for Environmental Science when we were doing Biomes (I got Desert, hehe!) :)

Thank you :) yeah its a very cool assignment, i needed to pick an 'unusual' pet and make an body condition score, and research how feed and management might influence the BCS :) its very interesting!

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Fuschia, that's a big boy you have!! Over 450g at 7 months, dayyyum! :lol:

Siriatuy, you're welcome! I meant to add to feeding that I do hornworms once a week now that I know my girl loves them... and BOY does she! Gobbles them up in one bite!

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Sounds like a pretty neat project! And I think you made a good choice with dragons, hopefully you'll get some more hits and it should be pretty easy to see the correlation between optimal care and overall health and growth of these scale babies. :D Like I said, tons of useful information and friendly people around here! Hopefully you get some people with adults for good comparisons as well, wish I had decent pictures of some of my other guys for ya. Good luck!

And yeah, YoursTruly, I know, right?! From 24 grams in December to 450 in April is pretty nuts. That's the first time in quite a while I've actually measured his length, too, and was shocked! He shot up so fast! :shock:

JessW

siriatuy":2hruk5mu said:
Hello Ria! I love this assignment. Beardies are super interesting. My science classes have learned so many things from my guy ? Reaction pathways, metabolism, light wavelengths, anatomy, graphing...
Anyway, as you do your research, keep in mind you're going to get a skewed sample, as you're probably only going to get responses from people whose beardies are in good condition. To balance that, I might suggest you look through the ER section, and maybe piece together these answers using their responses and pictures. Just don't actually ask them, since they probably have more pressing issues in mind.

--- questions ---
Exact species? Pogona vitticeps
Sex? Unknown (still too young)
Age? 3-4 months
Total length? (Cm) 26 cm
Length without tail? (Cm) 13 cn
Weight? (Grams) 44g

Feed
How often do you feed per week? 3x a day/7 days a week (total 21x a week)
What is the feed volume? 30 insects each feed, bowl of greens
How do you feed? A bowl the insects can't get out of
Feed contents? Insects: EVERYDAY: Dubia roaches, black soldier fly larvae, silkworms RARELY (like 1 per month) hornworms, waxworms
Greens: collard, dandelion, escarole, turnip (greens), squash, occasional carrots

Management
What kind of UV lamp do you use? Intensity? Reptisun 10.0 tube entire length of terrarium t5 HO inside the tank
What is the temperature of terrarium? (Celsius)
Basking spot: 44-45*
Warm side: 32*
Cool side: 26-27*
What is the size of terrarium? (LxWxH)
About 92cm x45 cm x45cm

Additional info
How long do you own your bearded dragon? 1.5 months
Do you go to a vet regularly? If so, for what?
Yes, wellness checks
Photo from topview?
91455-2289265674.jpg
91455-2796043353.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
--- questions ---
Sex?Female
Age?3yrs
Total length? (Cm) 46
Length without tail? (Cm)21
Weight? (Grams)479

Feed
How often do you feed per week?Every day salad and Dubai roaches
What is the feed volume?All she wants
How do you feed?in her viv
Feed contents? Mustard and turnip green mix topped with cut in half Dubai roach cruetons

Management
What kind of UV lamp do you use? Intensity? Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO ....nothing but the best for my dragon! 10% intensity
What is the temperature of terrarium? (Celsius)37.7 basking,
35 warm end and, 27.2 at the cool end

What is the size of terrarium? (LxWxH)60.9cm x 60.9cm x 121.9cm (2x2x4 ft)

Additional info
Has the animal been chipped?NO
How long do you own your bearded dragon?10 months
Do you go to a vet regularly? If so, for what?yes, biannually for checkups and, if any thin else arises.

Photo from topview?
87978-6915209130.jpg
87978-6240895358.jpg

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
JessW makes a great point! These are all questions we ask people when we are trying to help their sick dragons, so you should be able to fill out one of these questionnaires yourself just by reading certain posts in the health or ER sections, and plenty of them do have pictures. Good for comparisons!

siriatuy

Original Poster
Thanks so much guys!
And thanks for the ER tip, i sure will use that too!

Keep them dragons coming ! :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
--- questions ---
Sex? F
Age? 18.8 LUNAR MONTHS = 1.44 yrs
Total length? 53(Cm)
Length without tail? 22.5(Cm)
Weight? 620(Grams)

1s0ac5.png

2h402t2.png

Feed
How often do you feed per week? EVERY DAY
What is the feed volume? VARIES , TODAY 12 LG crickets + some buc choi (a full leaf)
Greens she USUALLY likes are buk choi , puk choi, kale, dandelion greens.
Not keen on veg.
Loves her live insects.
All crickets gutloaded with carrot + buk or puk choi + dry repcal adult beardie pellets, all crickets dusted with calcium (lightly) 5 d/w and calcium+vitamin powder (1:1) on weekends.
Fed once a day at about 2pm.

How do you feed? CRICKETS BY HAND , GREENS BY HAND
SUPERS , SILKS SHE LOVES AND TAKES FROM CHEST OR FLOOR OR TUB
Feed contents?

Management
What kind of UV lamp do you use? Intensity? currently 26W UVB200 IN NANOHOOD 8ÏN FROM BASKING SPOT
What is the temperature of terrarium? (Celsius) BASKING SPOT 40oC ,
WARM ZONE 36oC,
COOL ZONE 29oC

What is the size of terrarium? (LxWxH) 100L REARING TUB
60W SPOTTY FOR BASKING BULB

SOON BUILDING 4FT LONG X 2FT WIDE X 1.5FT TALL PERSPEX + PLYWOOD + ALUMINIUM & QUBELOK DIYS DOUBLE BAY ENCLOSURE FOR PEPPA AND TOOTHLESS.
Rex's and Puff's tanks were stacked plywood 4ft x 2ft x 1.5ft(tall) tanks I made 4 years ago, which are now in storage wife has ordered them removed (thinks they are an eyesore in the dining room)..

WILL UPGRADE TO 24W T5 ARCADIA 12% TUBES IN ARCADIA SLIMLINE LUNINAIRES & TO 80W ARCADIA MVBS FOR FIRST 12 MONTHS WHILE FINISHING OFF GROWTH AND THEN 80W PHILIPS PAR38 CLEAR COLOURLESS INCANDESCENT SPOTS FROM THEN ON.

16HR PHOTOPERIOD

Additional info
Has the animal been chipped? NO
How long do you own your bearded dragon? SINCE 5WKS OLD
Do you go to a vet regularly? If so, for what? NO

Toothless' info to come tomorrow , he's asleep .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom