Can't walk on back left leg, hissing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelsC

So about 5 days ago I noticed my beardie was walking funny. He wouldn't step with his back left leg. I figured he was just being weird. (He does odd things a lot, it's just his personality). Well I let it go for a day. Fed him his normal amounts which he ate right up, dusted crickets with calcium, gave him water with a dropper. The following few days he didn't improve. When I would pick him up, he would hang the lower half of his body off my hand. I just checked on him this morning when I woke up. He was in his cave which is a cool area of the cage, so I tried to get him out to put him in his basking area to warm up. He refused to come out, and even hissed at me, which was the first time he has ever done that. I'm not sure what the issue is. I checked his belly 2 days ago for any lumps or impaction and felt nothing but still massaged in small circles anyways just incase. He's been pooping normally and eating normally. Can anyone give me any ideas what could be wrong? If it is something I can handle without a vet visit I would much rather due that because of the cost of reptile specialized vets near me. But of course, if it's something urgent and I need to take him I will. Anyone else ever experience this with their beardie?

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Sometime their nails get caught on something in the tank. Like the green netted hammocks or baskets. The can easily sprain their foot. If you have one, it might be good to take it down. Hope he feels better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom