Hot at Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hey y'all, I have a new dilemma. Here in SoCal it's been super hot (90º+) and it's not cooling down. Even at 8, 9, and 10 at night it is still 80º+. Will Loki be okay? We don't have air conditioning, just a few odd fans running. I feel horrible, but there's not much I can do...

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Can you put a screen over the front door opening (assuming this is the style of viv you have) it would allow cooler air to flow into the viv even with a slight breeze. How do you control the humidity?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":3v8r9wai said:
Can you put a screen over the front door opening (assuming this is the style of viv you have) it would allow cooler air to flow into the viv even with a slight breeze. How do you control the humidity?

That's a good idea, but I'm not sure how I'd do it. I have sliding glass...
Humidity isn't really bad out here - the highest it really gets is 60% or so

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
90F overnight in summer is common in their natural range.

IMO she'll she fine, you could of cause leave a water bowl in her tank overnight , she can sit in it to cool off if need be.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":ycrw5sr8 said:
90F overnight in summer is common in their natural range.

IMO she'll she fine, you could of cause leave a water bowl in her tank overnight , she can sit in it to cool off if need be.

that's a good idea, I'll try that! thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Actually they would not be in the 90 degree temp. at night in the wild but would easily escape the heat by burrowing in the soil or in crags of rock. A bowl of water might not be noticed and if laid in could cause scale damage from being constantly wet for hours. Temps. in the very low 80's can be tolerated but not much higher.

Can you get a window a.c. unit for a reasonable price, maybe a used one ?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
AHBD":394ep0ea said:
Actually they would not be in the 90 degree temp. at night in the wild but would easily escape the heat by burrowing in the soil or in crags of rock. A bowl of water might not be noticed and if laid in could cause scale damage from being constantly wet for hours. Temps. in the very low 80's can be tolerated but not much higher.

Can you get a window a.c. unit for a reasonable price, maybe a used one ?

Yikes. Honestly, my family is in a real pinch right now, so right now we can't. It only stays that hot for maybe 2hours after lights-out, and then it drops into the mid 70º....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom