Bump on tail?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Hi everybody So my BD Liz has a bump on her tail and I noticed it is growing bigger. I didn't think much of it at first but when it was growing bigger i became worried. Is she going to be ok? Do I need to take her to the vet?
90427-1777649694.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure what that is. It could just be some swelling to help with a shed. It's probably a good idea to bring her to an experienced vet for an exam though just in case it's an infection. You'd want to get that treated early on before it spreads if that's the case.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you CooperDragon! We are taking Liz to a herp vet next week. Do you think it's an abscess? Or a tumor?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't have a way to tell without having some test results. I certainly hope it's nothing like that! I think best case it's just part of the shed process. I see their arms and legs swell like that during sheds sometimes to help loosen the skin and it returns to normal after the shed is done. It's just better to be safe than sorry and catch it early if it's something more serious is all.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi again I have been meaning to post. So the bump on Liz's tail is nothing to worry about at least that's what the vet said. She said that the bump was just a bump. But still I'm glad that I took her to the vet. Over all health pretty good except for some pin-worms.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a relief! Worth the visit for the exam and peace of mind. Pinworms aren't a big deal and aren't always treated - it depends on how high the count is. When they are treated they tend to be pretty easy to get rid of from what I've seen.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
oh I forgot to mention that they did give Liz some medicine for the pin-worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom