Bearded Dragon Ear Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

XestyChicken

Hello, I have a question about my bearded dragon's ears. Her name is Xenon and she's about a year and a half old. I noticed that there seem to be some kind of strange film over her ears, I never noticed this before, is this normal?

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/ctX8E

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
XestyChicken":2to9tmeq said:
Hello, I have a question about my bearded dragon's ears. Her name is Xenon and she's about a year and a half old. I noticed that there seem to be some kind of strange film over her ears, I never noticed this before, is this normal?

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/ctX8E

She's is very beautiful. Though fat deposits at the back of her head look depleted to me. MORE live bugs EACH DAY are called for.

The ear looks perfectly normal to me.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Reptiles with external ears like dragons the "film" your seeing is probably the tempanic membrane (ear drum in humans). The surface even sheds off with the rest of the skin, unless it's torn, red/swollen or bleeding it's probably just fine :)

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Taterbug":11dv9wb3 said:
Reptiles with external ears like dragons the "film" your seeing is probably the tempanic membrane (ear drum in humans). The surface even sheds off with the rest of the skin, unless it's torn, red/swollen or bleeding it's probably just fine :)

I was going to say, I was almost positive that is the ear drum. They really are fascinating creatures, aren't they? I'm constantly learning, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom