Inactive & Itchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerko

Hello!

Our beardie has been acting a little off lately, thought some of you might have answers as to why. He's eating and pooping regularly (aside from one watery poop this AM), but for the past week has been very inactive. He tends to stay under his UVB the entire day/night, only coming down to eat. Normally he's very active, glass surfing etc. He's also been rubbing his face against his hides and logs, but isn't showing any other signs of shedding. I thought he might be going into brumination, but would he still have his appetite?

Thanks so much in advance! Setup info below.

How old is your dragon - ~1 year
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in - 40 gallon, recently moved to a new tank
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank - newspaper
Do you use UVB lights - Yes, strip
How close can your dragon get to the UVB - 5 in.
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? - Yes, Exo Terra 50W, White
What are the basking temps - 96
What is the cool side temp - 80
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific - Greens (mainly leafy greens, green beans, etc)
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done - Yes

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Cerko":1qj5re0w said:
Hello!

Our beardie has been acting a little off lately, thought some of you might have answers as to why. He's eating and pooping regularly (aside from one watery poop this AM), but for the past week has been very inactive. He tends to stay under his UVB the entire day/night, only coming down to eat. Normally he's very active, glass surfing etc. He's also been rubbing his face against his hides and logs, but isn't showing any other signs of shedding. I thought he might be going into brumination, but would he still have his appetite? <<<< can take a while for beardies about 1yr old to actually shed , they get pretty itchy before , they also tend to shed piecemeal about that age too.

Thanks so much in advance! Setup info below.

How old is your dragon - ~1 year
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in - 40 gallon, recently moved to a new tank
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank - newspaper
Do you use UVB lights - Yes, strip <<< is it rated at least 10% UVB ? T8 or T5 ? anything between it and the beardie (ie screen ? mesh ?) ?
How close can your dragon get to the UVB - 5 in.
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? - Yes, Exo Terra 50W, White
What are the basking temps - 96 <<<< a little low , can you raise his basking spot, lower the globe a little or boost the wattage to say 75W , to get a basking spot at about 100F ?
What is the cool side temp - 80
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific - Greens (mainly leafy greens, green beans, etc) <<< is good he eats some greens and veg, BUT he still needs ONE good meal of live insects and dietary calcium each day at 1 yr old.
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done - Yes

What's the photoperiod ? I use 16hrs on per day for my lizards (BTS and beardies).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom