baby beardie's legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i'm worried again :)
so recently henry (my lizard) has been just kinda sitting all day. i leave for the day and he's sitting on his tree thing and when i get back, he's barely moved. i know there's a chance he probably moved around during the day, but just now i noticed that he's sitting with his legs kind of splayed behind him? i don't really know how to explain it-- it kinda looks like frog legs i guess? like theyre tucked behind him and he's kinda just sitting. he moved earlier-- he went and ate some crickets, running around his tank. but a lot of the time he just kind of sits. is this normal? i've done so much research in order to take good care of him and i don't want to let him, or myself, down. thanks :) i'll attach pictures if needed
edit: he doesn't drag them when he does walk. i have him out of his tank atm and hes walking fine-- just not a lot? like he's kinda just sitting, you know? also he just recently shed- could this be related?

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Hi there!

Totally normal with the leg thing. It's kinda like when puppies lay with their back legs like that. They're just flexible and don't really care where their legs go, they're comfy! :lol:
89627-740772160.jpg

If you're gone most of the day, I guarantee Henry is moving around when you aren't watching. Yeah, they do spend a lot of time soaking up the rays like lazy lizards, but you always hear 'em scuttling around when you aren't looking, and FREEZE when they see they've been discovered. Mine especially will not eat his salad if he sees someone paying attention! :roll:

worriedmanblue

Original Poster
thanks everyone!! i'm at home more now and he runs around his tank like you all said :) this site is so helpful i'm so glad i found it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom