New Baby Now Eating...A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So about a week ago I posted saying our baby beardie wasn't eating regularly. That's changed and he's eating a ton. However (and against my better judgement) my partner as been feeding him super large mealworms. They're his size! I keep telling her not to but our last beardie was sick and ended up starving to death so she won't stop feeding him these massive mealworms. He's still happily pooping in the bath, though it appears slightly less than normal, and he's suddenly and noticeably gained about 5 grams in weight (almost overnight) and his stomach is noticeably larger though when I feel it, it's still soft. I'm so worried about impacting because these mealworms have hard shells and are huge (though he usually eats them in 2 parts). Our baby has no interest in the smaller worms we have, and doesn't seem to want to eat anything except 2 or 3 of these massive worms a day. Should I be worried? Is he impacted with his sudden weight gain? Even though he's pooping, like I said, it appears less than normal.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
YES YES YES STOP!!! Please do not give him mealworms of ANY size, especially large ones. Mealworms can cause impaction, which can be fatal. Try silkworms, phoenix worms, and dubia roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom