Won't poop in tank, or when bathed.. Helpp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got spike in Feb. at a reptile expo. Breeder said he was 5 wks (I think hes older because he's about 9-9 1/2". He won’t poop when I bathe him, or in his tank. He only goes when I let him out & runs around my room & poops on something. Does anyone know how to fix this? Last time he went was on Sunday when I let him out, but I haven’t taken him out since and he still hasn’t gone.

kornel351

Hatchling Member
Maybe give him a tummy rub when u give him his baths but don't give him too much baths .What are u feeding him .Do u spray him wit water

Beardienewbie8792

Original Poster
I've tried, and he runs away. I feed him about 12 crickets a day, and lettuce every other day. I was just reading to not feed them lettuce, so I"m going to go out tomorrow to get something else. and yes I spray him multiple times a day. I just don't want him to get in the habit of thinking my bedroom is his bathroom haha

Beardienewbie8792

Original Poster
kornel351":376d73ln said:
Maybe give him a tummy rub when u give him his baths but don't give him too much baths .What are u feeding him .Do u spray him wit water

I've tried, and he runs away. I feed him about 12 crickets a day, and lettuce every other day. I was just reading to not feed them lettuce, so I"m going to go out tomorrow to get something else. and yes I spray him multiple times a day. I just don't want him to get in the habit of thinking my bedroom is his bathroom haha

kornel351

Hatchling Member
Beardienewbie8792":1k6opvac said:
kornel351":1k6opvac said:

Maybe the crickets might be too big for him .Do you have him on sand if so remove it completely as both of those can be impaction risk causing him to have problems poop or he could just be one very weird dragon

kornel351

Hatchling Member
Beardienewbie8792":1ffkmcvo said:
kornel351":1ffkmcvo said:
Ask for food yes lettece holds no nutritional value . Maybe this website might help u on deciding what u want to feed him http://www.beautifuldragons.com

I get the small crickets from the petstore, and I have the eco carpet instead of sand. Thanks for the link I'll check it out.
. Well lml dragons have their personalities and some come with weird ones I guess u have one those which makes him unique

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Some bearded dragons don't like to mess up their living space, so they'll wait until you take them out and then poop in your living space instead. :p Some of them can learn to poop in the water when you give them a bath, and some not so much.

I would suggest that when you first take him out of his tank, put him in a confined area on some paper towels, or somewhere that you can clean up easily, until after he poops. Then you can let him run around wherever he's safe. Some bearded dragons can be kind of sort of housebroken, but don't expect perfection. :roll: They basically make their own decisions about where they're going to poop.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Beardienewbie8792":3m4qb24v said:
kornel351":3m4qb24v said:

Lettuce is worthless in a beardies diet.... better green leafys are buk choi , dandelion greens , kale .

If he's very young , under 4 - 6 months old, don't obsess over the hatchling not eating his greens and grated vegs, it's MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAT HE GET LOTS OF HIGH QUALITY LIVE INSECTS AT LEAST TWO TIMES A DAY and regular dietary calcium.

Beardienewbie8792

Original Poster
SHBailey":3ti49tja said:
Some bearded dragons don't like to mess up their living space, so they'll wait until you take them out and then poop in your living space instead. :p Some of them can learn to poop in the water when you give them a bath, and some not so much.

I would suggest that when you first take him out of his tank, put him in a confined area on some paper towels, or somewhere that you can clean up easily, until after he poops. Then you can let him run around wherever he's safe. Some bearded dragons can be kind of sort of housebroken, but don't expect perfection. :roll: They basically make their own decisions about where they're going to poop.

lol of course after I finally post something about it, he finally went when I bathed him!! haha yeyy!

Beardienewbie8792

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1et0qc1a said:
Beardienewbie8792":1et0qc1a said:
kornel351":1et0qc1a said:

Lettuce is worthless in a beardies diet.... better green leafys are buk choi , dandelion greens , kale .

If he's very young , under 4 - 6 months old, don't obsess over the hatchling not eating his greens and grated vegs, it's MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAT HE GET LOTS OF HIGH QUALITY LIVE INSECTS AT LEAST TWO TIMES A DAY and regular dietary calcium.

Yes I feed him crickets twice daily, and I just picked up some dandelion greens which he seemed to like! and the crickets have a gut load block, but I was just told that might not be enough calcium and to use the calcium powder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom