Double jointed??????!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Hello Everyone So um i have this baby BD that seems to be double jointed??!!!! :shock: :shock: it's leg makes a U shape it's foot point's towards his chest...... it's....... um....... BIZZARE!!!!!
90427-3254466779.jpg

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
From that picture your dragon doesn't look healthy. His bones could be rubbery from MBD.
Any better pictures so we can get a better look?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Not double jointed - more likely it's knew is dislocated or the leg is broken.... probably by a tank mate ( is it sharing the tank currently ? ) or through rough handling by someone.

Time for a vet to be brought in.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, it's possibly MBD [ metabolic bone disease ] caused by inability to absorb calcium or from lac of calcium. Even if you use a calcium powder, there needs to be a good heat lampas well as a good uvb bulb. The dragon looks a bit thin as well.

Can you post pics of the entire set up, also showing the lights and can you list the exact type + brand of lights you have ?

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi I was hoping you wouldn't say MBD. But he acts fine if I gently put it in the normal position he just sits there. It doesn't seem to hurt him he'll run around the cage catch crickets with calcium on them he has a uvb light and has 3 siblings living with him. It does not stay in this position all the time I only see it occasionally. And his leg feels strong not broken. He is 8 weeks old.????.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
90427-387333199.jpg
90427-4142532926.jpg
. And then there's a 75 watt red bulb. And a blue bulb I don't know the wattage.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well sometimes their legs can get in a funny position, it's not always MBD. I would highly recommend getting rid of the colored bulbs, replace with a bright hot white bulb, halogen bulbs are good choice. The Reptisun compact uvb will probably not produce enough uvb to reach down in to the tank. Your better off to get an Arcadia D3 12% or a Reptisun 10.0 t5 long tube bulb. Or you can go with a Mega ray mercury vapor or Powersun mercury vapor which are all in one and produce heat AND uvb so you only need the one bulb.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Did you say three siblings? If so, PLEASE PLEASE separate them all immediately!! That enclosure is WAYYYYYYY to small for them to comfortably live- they all need a bigger age of their own. Also, like AHBD said, you need the ReptiSun 10.0 t5 for each of them, no colored bulbs, and just a halogen bulb for heat (during the day only- no lights at night)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom