Bearded dragon urine or diarrhoea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

premammalian

Hatchling Member
Today my bearded dragon pooped a liquid-like thing that smelled a bit like feces, but it hadn't any color and just soaked the paper substrate. I wasn't there when she pooped, but I found it a bit later, and the dragon was basking. I removed the soiled papers, rubbed a nearby wood decoration with a disinfectant wipe because I thought it was a little wet, and then took out my dragon, and rinsed her under water with soap. I don't know if she came in contact with the "feces", but because it was too liquid I washed her just in case. The sopa could not penetrate the scales, and after drying she was smelling a bit like how wet bearded dragons smell. Does it mean that she came in contact with the liquid? Also what could that liquid be? Could it be urine, or diarrhoea? That is her second poop after brumation. The first was well-formed, but curiously it didn't have anything of a smell. It happened also another time for my dragon to "urinate" after brumation. It was her first brumation before 3 years, and the second day after she woke up she voided an odorless liquid material, which could be urine. But now it is 18 whole days after the end of brumation, and she had already defecated before. What could it be?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you giving a lot of fluids right now?
If you have any pictures that would help, too. It's somewhat normal to have some fluids with their stool but not diarrhea.
Sometimes they will have a few odd stools after brumation also. What are you feeding her right now?

Tracie

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah...if a dragon is well hydrated they can pass a lot of liquid mucous. It's not really urine...just bowel fluids.
I'm thinking this is brumation related. Maybe hasn't eaten enough to fill the bowel completely.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Rankins":2gla6mgv said:
Yeah...if a dragon is well hydrated they can pass a lot of liquid mucous. It's not really urine...just bowel fluids.
I'm thinking this is brumation related. Maybe hasn't eaten enough to fill the bowel completely.

I often worry about my beardie where hydration is concerned since he doesn't drink out of his water dish, almost never eats his veggies, and doesn't always drink when we dribble water on his nose with an eyedropper during his baths. He has also been diagnosed as "a little dehydrated" at a few of his past visits to the vet. But his poops (and urates) almost always include a fair amount of liquid mucus -- at least, when he poops on a towel there's usually a wet spot around it -- can't tell when he poops in the water.

So can I take that as an indication that he's "well hydrated"? :?

premammalian

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Finally it was urine. She had pooped something solid as well, but it was behind a decoration in a strange place and I didn't pay attention to it immediately. Today she pooped a normally-sized, firm pellet in her corner, as she does most of the time. So no problem.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Beardies can be very good at worrying their human slaves by hiding their normal poops in strange places. :roll:

Glad to hear yours seems to be doing better. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom