Cleaning a Dragon's teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

magpieandstuff

Hatchling Member
Does anyone clean their bearded dragon's teeth? Reptar has black rings around his teeth, right at the gum line. His vet always checks his mouth when Reptar goes in for a check up, and he has never said anything about his teeth. I am assuming this means that his teeth are fine, but I am wondering if I should still try to clean them.

Do you clean your dragon's teeth? If so, how?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't clean them unless something looks wrong. Offering them hard shelled bugs in their normal diet is a good way for them to clean debris from their teeth naturally. This includes roaches or an occasional buffalo beetle (cleaner crew). If you still see buildup you could use a curved plastic syringe to power wash the gums a bit with some water. You can also use a q-tip with some MaxiGuard on it to clean teeth and gums and help prevent buildup of bacteria to prevent infection.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
No never cleaned any of my lizard's teeth.

Never needed to , if the lizard eats lots of insects in it's diet , the crunchy exoskeletons and legs will keep the teeth clean.

Lizards are unlikely to develop tooth decay unless they get too much fruit and berries in their diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom