Not open for further replies.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Hey all,
First weigh in, just wanted to make sure they were within normal range

89300-1913431818.jpg
Simon is 17", about 1yr and 10mo old, legs shedding

89300-7390089524.jpg
Richter is about 13.5", about 5 1/2mo old, growing half an inch a week currently, head and tail shedding

Weigh-in was before their lunch ╮(╯▽╰)╭ set to grams

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The numbers themselves don't say much but keep track of the readings (and maybe chart it out) so you can monitor the trends of their weight. It will fluctuate day to day but should be trending upward or stable overall. Based on the photos they look quite healthy and a good weight. Their bodies look filled in and their arm and leg muscles are well developed.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
When weighing them, place them in a shallow 1.5L oblong tub the tail and legs are all inside it or at least not touching the sides of the scales or the countertop, else the weight will be wrong by several grams. They'll feel more relaxed too if their entire bodies are supported.

At 5.5 months old
Peppa (F) was 214.8g
Toothless (M) was 157.5g
Puff (M) was 167.3g
Rex (F) was 209.5g

At 16.5 months old
Peppa was 581g (this week)
Toothless was 427g (this week)
Puff was 469g
Rex was 489g

At 20 months old
Puff was 575g
Rex was 539g.

Hope that gives an indication and worthwhile comparison with your pair of spiky children.
.... as you can see , there is a spread in the beardied weights for my four at 5.5 months old
139g is a little lower than my gang but not so much lower to worry about. You big guy is considerably smaller than four at 16.5 months old.

So long as your big guy is happy, healthy, good on the tooth, and active I don't see his being on the low end of the bell curve as being anything to worry about. I expect my Toothless will be hard pressed to exceed 500g full grown wereas Peppa will likely be up around 650g full grown despite identical husbandry and feeding.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
CooperDragon":m9en7x68 said:
The numbers themselves don't say much but keep track of the readings (and maybe chart it out) so you can monitor the trends of their weight. It will fluctuate day to day but should be trending upward or stable overall. Based on the photos they look quite healthy and a good weight. Their bodies look filled in and their arm and leg muscles are well developed.

I don't weigh my lot daily, I make a point of weighing the young lizards every Saturday before they get their dinner. (Even then something the weights are dodgey (one might decide to have big poo not long afterward while on the floor or after they return to get some heat and UV).

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you, both.

With Richter still growing, I measure his length weekly but will be weighing weekly as well. Of course I will fine tooth my process to not just plop them on the scale :lol: But I had literally just opened it and put the batteries in and just wanted to see where they were at.

I appreciate the comparison, and I've had some concern over Simon, the oldest's, size. She seems to have no real interest in food lately, and especially no interest in salads specifically. Her tail is still fatty, head is still fatty, and she's still filled out and seems content, but no big appetite. I may try mixing up what I offer her.

For Richter, he's a growing little boy that makes lots of poopies, so I'd be interested to see how much his weight fluctuates in the upcoming months. This weigh-in was unfortunately on a relatively empty tummy (I had just gotten home) but was given a roach buffet right after.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that it can be tough to get them completely on a scale. I put a large shoebox top upside down on the scale and then tare it and then put the dragon in the shoebox top. That seems to work well unless they get really squirmy.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well I weighed Richter again last night before bed via a box on the scale, tare, just add lizard.
He was 159g last night, so having all the lizard on the scale helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom