Is This Normal? -lower regions of beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new user here, but I browse this site as a guest usually. But this problem is a little...different so I've decided to make an account.

I've always been very worrisome, and I didn't know whether this was normal or not?

90787-6391904550.jpg

This is my beardie, she's 1 year and 6 months old (give or take a month) and hasn't had any previous health problems. She eats collards and kale, with superworms as a staple. I wanted to know if her vaginal/anus area was supposed to be that big? Should I be worried?

Here are some more angles
90787-7204041350.jpg
90787-7443793146.jpg

She's lounging on her hammock right now, so it's very prominent. I can provide more pics if need be. I'm just concerned, is it supposed to be that big?
Thank you for your time ~

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It does look swollen. If you have an experienced reptile vet nearby I'd bring her in for a visit. It looks like it may be the start of a prolapse which can be quite dangerous if not treated quickly and properly. In the meantime, offer her a warm bath in sugar water. This can help reduce swelling and may provide some relief.

pancakethedragon

Original Poster
Thank you so much! So just water with sugar in it should help?
It looks normal when she stands, smooth and all, it's just when she relaxes it gets all puffy. It isn't hard, like it doesn't feel swollen, it just feels like she has a lot of extra skin down there for some reason. I'll look into a vet, thank you <33

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Is you dragon defecating normally?
Could be caused from straining to poo, or trying to pass eggs. Both can cause prolapse or bulging...good idea on a vet visit.

pancakethedragon

Original Poster
Yes, I believe so, every couple of days. The only thing is, she's kind of a princess, and doesn't really like pooping in her tank (which isn't because of size, I went all out and got her a 75 gallon for herself) and will take any chance she can get to poop outside. But she doesn't hold it...at least I don't think so. I'll see poop in her tank, which means she goes eventually. She just likes pooping outside better.

She hasn't been around any other bearded dragons, especially male, all her life. She is an adult though. She's never tried to pass eggs before.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Doesn't sound like it's an impaction if your finding stools.
But female dragons do produce eggs even if they haven't been mated with. Obviously the eggs would be infertile. It's reported that there is a greater chance infertile eggs will get egg bound.
Glad your planning a vet visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom