angry, puffy, and not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravy

My beardie has been acting strange lately, they aren't eating and aren't as active as they used to be.(granted I haven't had them for that long) My lights and temps are ok(I've tripled checked) I've been giving them warm baths incase of impaction or shedding. They just seem a little off and I want to make sure everything is ok, I'm very worried.

full

They have been puffed out and breathing heavily lately. I've been trying to feed them kale and crickets but they just look away from all of it. :(

full

full

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'll take any advice I can get!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. They are cute. You should raise up the basking spot so they can get closer to the lights. You want them to bask and get uvb at the same time. Is the uvb a t5 of t8. Because they need to be a certain distance from the light for benefits. Also kale is OK, but mustard greens, dandelion, collard are better and babies need more protein. Also you will want to separate they are territorial and will fight and one will show dominance over the other.

gravy

Original Poster
destiny1998":2mpmhq64 said:
Hi. They are cute. You should raise up the basking spot so they can get closer to the lights. You want them to bask and get uvb at the same time. Is the uvb a t5 of t8. Because they need to be a certain distance from the light for benefits. Also kale is OK, but mustard greens, dandelion, collard are better and babies need more protein. Also you will want to separate they are territorial and will fight and one will show dominance over the other.

Thank you for the advice! I have a Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 High Output UVB Fluorescent Bulb 17 Watts, 24-Inch going across. I actually only have one, sorry the pictures are a little misleading :p Hopefully trying new veggies might help! :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is a cutie! Definitely try out some new veggies & greens for him. He needs lots of insects right now, as he is growing.
The T5 Reptisun 10 is a great bulb. Does it have a reflector around it? Just based on how it looks from the picture, a lot of the UVB is going to be refracting outwards away from him. There isn't anything to direct it downwards towards him.
You can try some roof flashing or tin foil to place around the light, to cradle it & direct it down towards him.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom