Raised yellow scabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damieboo

Hatchling Member
I noticed 2 yellow scabs on my bearded dragon today. My initial reaction was Yellow Fungus! But on closer inspection it doesn't resemble YF. Two scabs with a yellow tinge around them, touching them doesn't seem to bother Baby. She's had a similar looking scab on her left hand for almost a year. It started out as a grey scale that protruded slightly but there was no blood or ooze so I thought it was just stuck shed. I've tried to pick it off but it won't budge. Not sure where it came from but it hasn't changed in shape, color or size in months. The 2 new yellow scabs look similar. As far as I know she hasn't scraped herself on anything. She's always glass dancing to get let out but there isn't anything in her enclosure that could poke her in the areas where the yellow scabs are.

This is the one on her hand that hasn't changed in months. She is missing a claw, she pulled it out when I had a screen top on her enclosure.
KfIqNA0.jpg

Here are the 2 new yellow scabs.
lY5i88U.jpg

5PbuhYs.jpg

With YF it seems it would cover a large area with a yellow tinge and the scales would soften, right? But these 2 yellow spots are in 2 different places on her body in small areas, and she's extremely active, basks, and has a huge appetite. I always make sure to clean out her enclosure as soon as she poops and when she roams my living room, she's always in my view. I don't know what could have possibly caused these to pop up in such strange areas on her body.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The one in the second pic almost looks like a tiny pimple. I don't think it's anything at all, just a minor skin blemish like we ourselves get. Make sure you don't pick at any of those. maybe just dab a tiny bit of betadine on there 1-2X a day, but I doubt anything really needs to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom