HELP! My beardy seems ill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky181

I got two bearded dragons last Saturday and one of them is acting strange. The two dragons have always been together as they had a previous owner before me. She's meant to be 4 months old, ever since I've had her she's hardly moved but the other bearded dragon does occasionally lie on top or her. She ate when I first got her but she hasn't eaten for the past couple of days and and the moment she's keeps puffing her chest in and out. She will let me hold her but she's very twitchy. Does anyone have any idea why she's acting like this? Should I take her to the vets? Thank you for any advice.

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Hi there!

Please, please separate them immediately! They are not meant to be housed together. The one sitting on top of the other is a dominance issue, the bigger one is stealing all the good UVB, basking spots, and probably eating all the good food, too. The little one is probably stressed from being 'bullied' and has no appetite. :cry: Leaving them together is not worth the risk, and could be potentially lethal.

One you do get them separated, I bet the little one will perk right up and they can both be happy and healthy, on their own. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom