Goop in eyes!! why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
hello, I have 4 baby BD with eye discharge i hatched them if that makes a difference they are 4 weeks old. this has been going on for about 2 weeks now it started with one and then it started with the next one and so on. it's like mucus and I looked at it under the microscope and it's sealing the eye shut i have been wiping it off and seems to help a lot. But they seem so uncomfortable :( So how do i treat it? Thanks so much!!!!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, what exact type of lights are you using, and can you post a pic of the set up + lights ?

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
90427-4142532926.jpg

the left light is a uvb bulb, the middle light is heat bulb 75w and on the right is heat but i dont know the watt, we changed it a few days ago it used to be 80 or 75 so we made it much warmer now its 90 cage temp and on the log its 100 degrees that helped too. That's all right we figured it out :D

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i have 2 thermometers in there one says 84 the other say 90 i trust the one that says 90 but maybe its wrong i fond another one and just put it in

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I ask because if you're using the stick on kind they can be off by quite a bit. You should have something like this at the basking spot. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00U0N0TP8/ref=sxts1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487206085&sr=1

You can also get the gun type

And I like to use this in the coolest spot https://www.walmart.com/ip/16888914?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228009373117&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=43538542352&wl4=aud-273067695102:pla-83259689792&wl5=9033471&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=16888914&wl13=&veh=sem

The babies should have basking spot of 110 to 115 and cooler end 80-85

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Also for their eyes, it could be eye infections. I don't think I see any sand in there. You could get some raw unpasteurized honey (make sure it is exactly that) you can water it down a little with water if you need to. You can probably use a qtip to apply.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thank you soooooooooooooo much im so glad i asked!!!!! we have beehives and raw honey already thank you soooooooooooooooooo much again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thanks for the websites!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
oh one more thing is it contagious? i have three adult BD and i dont want them to get it

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Ooh that's nice! Some goodies and natural antibiotic right in your backyard. Just make sure you get the temps right asap. Do you have a group picture of the little darlings? :)

It looks like it spread to the babies so I would treat it as if it is and wash hands etc when handling. Just watch out for any signs of it spreading to the adults.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
90427-3313391232.jpg

Thank you all again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D And here's the picture, aren't they cute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom