Help with dragons feces

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindDeath

Hello,

My girlfriend and I recently got a Dragon (our first one, we're fairly new). He's approximately 2-3 months old and if you were curious his name is Yoshi. The issue is the past couple days his feces have been liquidy after the actual defecation and it's been a bit softer. The urate seems ok but it was kinda mushy looking this morning (possibly from the excess liquid post defecation). The actual stool looked fine. We recently switched him from romaine to collards and sweet peppers after some research, and his cricket intake has increased significantly from 6 to 8 a day to about 10 to 20 (5-6 dusted in morning, same undusted at night). He had his first shed (with us) last week. My question is do you think it necessary to take him to the vet or could this possibly just be a change in diet thing? Obviously if it continues or gets worse we will but at this point I'm not sure it's necessary. And while you're here assuming we do what would be the best way to transport him?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It sounds perfectly normal, there's often a small amount of liquid excreted. You can post a pic next time he poos, but I'm sure it's fine and as you suspect it can be different with a diet change.

If + when you take him to the vet, just get a small box or shoebox and line it with paper towels. Keeping the entire car warm will keep the beardie warm, and if it's cold out you can tuck him in the box under your coat when going from the house to the car.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
You could also take a poop sample to the vet -- you might not have to take the beardie himself if they don't find anything wrong with his poop, and that would save him some stress.

BlindDeath

Original Poster
Hello again,

Thanks for the quick responses. His feces has gotten a bit worse so I think we're gonna take him into the vet. His behavior hasn't really changed so I hope its just his diet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom