Overweight beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vh621

Hatchling Member
So I was wondering if you guys can tell me if my Echo is overweight? She is currently 17 3/4" and 341 grams and just turned 6 months. She is a savage when it comes to eating dubia. She loves them I feed her those twice a day everyday, she can eat about 30-35 3/4" dubia a sitting, I also feed her salads which I change up every week. I'm going to try and order larger roaches this time around. Anyway here are sone pics of her, tell me what you think:

full

full

full

full

full

Sorry about the backwards scale reading I can only upload mirror images for some reason.

I was thinking of cutting down her feeding a bit or at least giving her only a certain number of bugs a sitting but Idk if I should since shes still a growing dragon. What do you think?

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I'm no expert, but 341 grams does not sound "overweight" for 17 inches. I tried to do a little research and as far as I can tell, that's about normal for the length. Hard to tell from the pictures because they can puff themselves up and look fatter than they really are.

If Echo is happy and healthy and still growing lengthwise as well as sideways, I'd say keep doing whatever you're doing.

(This from a human whose weight would be "normal" for my height if I were about 7 feet tall :wink: )

Vh621

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":3d9yrqyg said:
I'm no expert, but 341 grams does not sound "overweight" for 17 inches. I tried to do a little research and as far as I can tell, that's about normal for the length. Hard to tell from the pictures because they can puff themselves up and look fatter than they really are.

If Echo is happy and healthy and still growing lengthwise as well as sideways, I'd say keep doing whatever you're doing.

(This from a human whose weight would be "normal" for my height if I were about 7 feet tall :wink: )

Yea, I mean she does have a big old pot belly but I felt it's okay since she's still young and growing and growing pretty fast, she's almost 18". I personally didn't think she was overweight but everyone I know is always like "oh she's so fat" lol. So I think it just got me thinking maybe she is overweight lol. But thanks for the input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom