Should I Feed Her If She Doesn't Poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EStarstruck

Hello all. I have a 6 month old beardie whos in a 20g (getting ready to move into a new tank in the next few days) tank with good temps (110 hot, 85 cold) and a good (zoo med) uvb light!

However in the past week her temps have been a nightmare since I have had a long string of lighting issues (bad fixtures, exploding bulbs, bad bulbs) and she spent some time at 85 on the hot side (almost 2 days) and she DID poo once. But now its been a few days since she's poo'd and I know she needs to because her belly is big. I know she eventually will because her temps are good now, but here's my question:

If her belly is big and she hasn't pooped in about 2/3 days should I still feed her? Im out of roaches til tomorrow (I have some veggies for her) so that's not an option. But yes If she wants to eat should I feed her? I don't want to stuff her and make her sick etc. ):

EStarstruck

Original Poster
Update: put her in the bath and she did poo! still seems like she needs to poo more, though.
edit: and to mention it only looked 80% digested so the light situation definitely had an effect on her. ):

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Hold back on the solids for a while while she's impacted, solids will only accumulate upstream of the blockage , best to turn her bugs and veg into a sloppy puree / slurry and give via a feeding syringe until her motions are more regular.

0.02ml of olive oil given by orally by syringe works well at lubricating things inside and getting the poo moving too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom