My baby beardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenna010

So I got this cute little beardy from a pet store on Dec 19 took him home he was pretty good for awhile until he stopped eating and he keeps his eyes shut as he moves he barely opens them now. My parents think Brumation but I was told bearded dragons don't go into that until there at least 1yrs old and he's defenetly not 1 please help I'm really worried about him

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Jenna010":22nh9m5h said:
So I got this cute little beardy from a pet store on Dec 19 took him home he was pretty good for awhile until he stopped eating and he keeps his eyes shut as he moves he barely opens them now. My parents think Brumation but I was told bearded dragons don't go into that until there at least 1yrs old and he's defenetly not 1 please help I'm really worried about him

How old is he ?

How big (heavy) is he ?

UVA enhances appetite, your UV light needs to be "desert" rated (ie a minimum of 10%UVB ( AND 30%UVA).

I suspect if he's not eating he may have a health issue or he may simply be TOO COLD.

Can you post some pictures of his set up, lighting, and of him ?

Can you give us details of his tank
>>> size ( L x W x H and construction and type of lid)
>>> lighting
>>>>>>>>> what if any UV do you provide ( rating in %UVB , wattage , type (coil, T5, T8 or MVB globe)
>>>>>>>>> basking lamp type and wattage (is it coloured ?)
>>> day time temps
>>>>>>>>> at basking spot
>>>>>>>>> in warm zone of tank
>>>>>>>>> in cool zone of tank
>>> night time temperatures he's exposed to ( state are you in / country if outside USA ) , ate the overnight room temps colder than 24degCelsius ?
>>> bedding material
>>> lighting schedule (when on , when off)
>>> feeding schedule and what is he being fed in each meal

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Jenna010":lcgatu1u said:
So I got this cute little beardy from a pet store on Dec 19 took him home he was pretty good for awhile until he stopped eating and he keeps his eyes shut as he moves he barely opens them now. My parents think Brumation but I was told bearded dragons don't go into that until there at least 1yrs old <<< is strongly recommended that a juvenile beardie NOT brumate in it's FIRST winter
and he's defenetly not 1 please help I'm really worried about him

Jenna010

Original Poster
Just made this account for help so I don't know how to do pictures and stuff on here

Yes its a lamp I see quite a few people using, It came with a black light but I haven't used it cause I heard it causes blindness, He gets at least 2 types of fruits and 3 or 4 veggies I've given him, Blueberry's, Strawberrys, Cabbage, Grapes, Spinach, Brusle sprouts he also eats crickets. His cage is a 10gal since he is so little he's probably about a month or 2 old he's still pretty small. We were gonna take him to a vet today but it got super icey so we couldn't get up there.

Jenna010

Original Poster
One side is cool one is warm and there is a basking spot yes, his light comes on at 6 in the morning and stays on for exactly 8hrs and I feed him in the morning, my mom gives him food in the after noon and then after I come home from school about 5 or 6; I'll give him a little bit more

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Jenna010":3se8i4qa said:
Just made this account for help so I don't know how to do pictures and stuff on here

Yes its a lamp I see quite a few people using, It came with a black light but I haven't used it cause I heard it causes blindness, He gets at least 2 types of fruits and 3 or 4 veggies I've given him, Blueberry's, Strawberrys, Cabbage, Grapes, Spinach, Brusle sprouts he also eats crickets. His cage is a 10gal since he is so little he's probably about a month or 2 old he's still pretty small. We were gonna take him to a vet today but it got super icey so we couldn't get up there.

easiest to go to TinyPic as a guest and upload pictures as GIFs (I select 17" screen resolution) and the simply copy "[img ... /img]" code into the post.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Jenna010":1mwm32mo said:

Yes its a lamp I see quite a few people using, It came with a black light <<<< as in UV globe or tube .... I know some here who use these but they are not good, or do mean one of these
exo-terra-ceramic-heat-emitter-100-watt.jpg
?
but I haven't used it cause I heard it causes blindness, He gets at least 2 types of fruits and 3 or 4 veggies I've given him, Blueberry's, Strawberrys, Cabbage <<< what sort of cabbage (I give mine puk or buk choi depending on the season which is very good as a green staple ,other cabbages have little nutritional value, Grapes, Spinach <<< not recommended, Brusle sprouts he also eats crickets.
This list is a great reference for selecting good foods http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
His cage is a 10gal since he is so little he's probably about a month or 2 old he's still pretty small.<<< that's OK as a rearing tank, my two juveniles (now 14 months old are still in their 100L rearing tubs We were gonna take him to a vet today but it got super icey so we couldn't get up there <<< I suspect you have a similar problem as the guy here had,
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=229952
very cold weather chilled their hatchling too much , you likely need to take the same corrective preventative steps to keep your hatchling warm 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom